Search Fishin.com

Thread: Trout Report

Post Thanks / Like

Trout Report

Went to Cumberland River Monday 11-6 and the fishing was better than expected. The generators are running (2 or more) but the volume of water off the dam was in the 9,000 cu.ft. catagory so it wasn't bad at all. Caught bows in the 13-16 range...caught 1 brown...great fight.

Section between Helms Landing and Snow Island produced the most fish, specifically around the power lines. Rainbow run was dead. Section between Winphry's Rocks and Winphry's Ferry produce some fish and several strikes that we didn't hook up with.

Jigging White Super Dupers, Cast Masters, and silver Little Cleo was the best for us. Threw Blue Fox Spinners, Rooster Tails, Shad Rap (different levels) and got nothing.

There you go...you've got the word on the hot spots and secrets of the trade...go get 'em.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Trout Report

Nice report! I also fished the river Sunday and Monday about 3 hours each day. I fished from the tailwaters to about 2 miles down stream; drifting down and running back up. My dad (71), my son (11) and myself (?) boated 21 fish; 3 in the slot and the rest under. On Sunday the fish prefered small jerk baits and on Monday it was Mepps spinners. Great time when you can fish with the family and catch fish. Thanks again for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad that you had a great two days on the River...fishing with family and friends is time well spent!

Do you catch any fish with much size that far up the river?

Post Thanks / Like

This trip we caught 3 in the slot and saw several others doing the same. This past summer my cousin caught a 12 lb. brown just below the dam; night fishing.