Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nolin Lake Standing Timber?

I'm wanting to do some crappie fishing this weekend at Nolin but don't know much about it. I usually fish Rough but it's back to summer pool and I was wanting to try something different. Plus I don't have a place to deer hunt so I thought I'd hunt crappie!! My question is, does anybody know of some standing timber that's not to far from a boat ramp? Maybe a mile or two? I remeber there was some standing timber around Iberia, is that ramp still open?

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Nolin Lake Standing Timber?

alright if ur lookin for crappie i will tell u where to try if u will tell me how u did. my email sembry23@yahoo.com. alright standin timber is all over the lake however if ur lookin for a boat ramp close to timber put in at canalway creek. its real go up in there deep creek channels an we caught some there not to long ago. usally holds bigger fish. if u put in there u need to head toward the main lake. theres standin timer everywhere in here an the boat dock is real close.

Post Thanks / Like

You can put in at Moutidier (sp) Ramp and Camp Ground Ramp close to the Marina there. Once in the water go to your right and you'll run into some great area's to fish for crappie... Once your in this area look to the right and you'll see a big private boat dock. if your looking at the dock to your front...about 30 yards to the right side close to the bank there is a crappie attractor...Lots of stakes put in by the Fish & Game... Check out this area real good...Caught some nice one here in this area...

Post Thanks / Like

try also wax. go up up river first cove to ur right theres good crappie there. or put in at the dam go up to ur first cove on ur right theres good crappie there too.

Post Thanks / Like

i was there sunday bass fishing.the river was cold and muddy about 51 water temp conalloway was stained,moutidier was almost clear with warmer water about 55.