Search Fishin.com

Thread: Cunberland

Post Thanks / Like

Cunberland

Thinking of making a one day trip to the big C-land from NKY. Can anybody provide any info as far as:
    - are they biting and on what?
    - what's the best ramp to use?

Any help would be appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Cumberland

Went Friday, put in at the dam fished all day caught one 12" spot on Bitsy Bug Jug, one 13" spot on crankbait and one 14" smallie on crankbait (Wiggle Wart). Very slow for me had one other bite on finesse worm. Talked with a few others that said it was slow for them as well.

Some friends were down with me in another boat and they were fishing shiners and caught about 6 fish.

If you can get some clouds it may be a little better, there was not a cloud in the sky on Friday.

onemorecast56 Guest

RE: Cunberland

I went and fished last night and put in at the dam. Fished shiners and jigs. Didn`t do that much at night. I caught 5or 6 nice Kys on the main lake points starting at the mouth of indian Creek. The best point is the long point with the 1 lone tree on the end up 7 or 8 points from Indain. All the fish where in 25-30ft. When daylight came I went across the lake to the first big creek and took the right hand fork. almost to the end. I got a 20 and a 21 in smallies fishing 25 ft deep with a smoke tube. Worked my way back out hitting the points and got a couple of nice smailles 16-19 in. Hit the corners of the dam and picked up some small smallies and kys,,,I had a pretty good time

Doug