Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Posting Pictures?????

I will be posting about Dale for this past week and have some nice pictures to add. Can someone tell me how you guys get these pictures added to your post?

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Posting Pictures?????

Email the pics to me and I will get them up on the site.. and on FloatandFly.com
    jimd072@aol.com

Post Thanks / Like

First let me say wtg elnut good job---Me an wormin started out with a bang with a few good smallies---Then it all went down hill from there.The main lake took its toll on us.Thursday we had to make a run back to horse creek from illwell Wow what a ride in that wind lol..Its a shame that you did not stop long enough to say hey-we watched you run in an out of horse creek--When your on them your on them i guess--Maybe we will meet again--take care man

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure it was me running in and out of Horse Creek?? I never left Horse Creek on Monday when I fished in for a few hours in late afternoon when I arrived. I launched at 5am Friday morning and went out of Horse around 6am and back into Horse Creek around 9am when I took out to meet Bobby for breakfast. The rest of the week I launched in Holly Creek and never traveled south of First Island. That is a haul from Illwill to Horse Creek especially when the wind gets up.

Post Thanks / Like

He ment in and out of horse creek by road and not the water,We were up on friday mourning when you were putting in by the dock I walked down to my boat and it said it was 9.5 degrees out.You da man, We waited for the sun to come up before we headed out. I think we may have saw you on Thursday we were on the channel across from Goat Island around 1 or 2 o'clock setting thru the sleet storm saw a boat like yours going cutting in behind Opossum Island heading towards Holly creek. The only place we found fish that day was back in Illwill by Wisdom dock. We didn't get to fish it very long we had that run from there back to Horse Creek to make and that was a long ride in those waves. Did see the guide boat setting on the last bluff wall leaving Ill will on the right.

Post Thanks / Like

That was a haul from Illwill to Horse on Thursday in that weather. I fished all day and had about a half an inch of ice/slush/snow in the bottom of my boat, camera froze up but had 11 for the day with the biggest of the week at 5-15. I only saw John Davis on the water so I missed seeing you. I put in around 5am every day and will be on my spots before the sun comes up and don't take out until the sun has gone down. Cliff said Ike would have been proud when I caught 3 in the last 15 minutes Saturday to meet the target of 6 that day. "Never give up" is what he was saying from the back of the boat as I landed that 3 1/2 incher to close the day. The best bite is from just before daylight, so dark that I can't see the bobber and only know I have a bite by constantly reeling slowly to keep tension on the jig to feel the bite, to about 11am and then from 3pm to dark in my opinion. A man could probably take out at noon for a couple of hours to warm up and eat lunch and not miss much but that is hard for me to do.

Post Thanks / Like

hey elnut

where you stayin this weekend and next week? We got a crew headin down to eagles cover and usually stay b/w there and holly creek to fish so Im sure we will cross paths. We usually do some different stuff but Im gonna pack the fly rod this weekend too, we'll have to compare notes

Post Thanks / Like

RE: hey elnut

Netboy and myself will be staying in John Davis's cabin just outside Holly Creek. Launching every morning out of Holly Creek around 5am, Ford Explorer pulling a Tracker Deep V 17 with 90 Mercury. Coming down Sunday night the 17th and fishing thru the 22nd before heading out that night. Good Luck, Duck Feather Jig with some Red and Chartreuse mixed in was the ticket last week. If water is a little clearer you can eliminate the Chartreuse part of this equation but I live the Duck with some Red all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

That was probably John on the bluff coming out of Illwill on the right for it is pretty good especially righ where it transitions from mud to rock where the channel actually hits the wall. I fished it last week but never caught anything and actually have not caught any good ones off it since 2004. It gets fished a lot. When I running towards Holly I had to take a squirt and with 6 layers of clothes on, I was not about to try to find it in the first place, then try to hang out over the boat in that wind. I guess I need to carry a whizz bottle in the boat with me. I can see it now, 380 pound man with 50 pounds of clothes on plus winter boots trying to do the back stroke in 50 degree water. Not a pretty picture. I guess if my time was up then Dale Hollow is pretty high up on my list of final destinations.

Post Thanks / Like

what a way to go, a rod in both hand... on the prettiest lake in the southeast
    LMAO