Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Act fast if you want it for $2500

1989 Stratos 201 Pro dual console (20ft 3 in), 1989 Evinrude 200XP w/SS prop, 67 lb 24v Motorguide TM.

The good: Re-carpeted and clearcoated by onemorecast from this board (nice carpet job, not as good on the clearcoat), bucket seats, brake clusters/backing plates, surge brake actuator, new tires on single axle trailer, keel guard, hot foot, fuel pump (VRO is bypassed, so fuel mix is manual), bilge pump, 2 Everstart TM batts, 1 Everstart starting batt. Everything listed is withing the last 2 years. The hull and floor is completely solid with a few fishing scratches and dings.

The bad: Big motor although still running is bound to be getting low on compression and should be rebuilt. It's also missing a little at top speed. It's only running 5000rpm instead of 5500. Don't know what the problem is there, but don't think it's serious. Have to add trim fluid every couple of months, trim unit needs resealing. Lower unit needs a clutch dog. Works fine, but have to push the shifter all the way forward or it bumps in and out of gear at idle speed. Cable that opens and closes the livewell broke at the back of the handle, and the well is stuck closed. Someone recently stole the spare trailer tire.

All-in-all a pretty good old sled that rides and fishes like a Caddilac. I'll take $2500 cash firm as is. Sorry not interested in trades.

If you want it, make sure you have the money and let me know quick, I'm on the verge of trading her in.

Jim Richardson
    jrichardson@fruit.com
    270-792-1524
    Bowling Green

onemorecast56 Guest

RE: Act fast if you want it for $2500

Hi Jim, I was just going to e-mail you and ask about the clear coat. Yours was the first real job of redoing clear. I`ve done 9-10 more since then and have gotten it better with each job. I just got done with a 219F walleye boat inside and out. It turned out slick. I was going to ask you how it was holding up to see how it does with time. Let know know how it did and what you didn`t like about it so I can learn from it. I went to a different hardener that works alot better. I remember seeing it down at the fishin.com gathering but didn`t get to looking close at it.

Doug

Post Thanks / Like

So Momma has finally let you trade her in for a new ride. You make sure you take good care of Momma. I see another 7 day vacation to the Bahamas, full time maid service, professional massage 3 times a week and YOU GONE FISHING TO GET OUT OF HER HAIR THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME!!!!! Just Kidding Jim, Congrats on getting you a new ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Doug,
    It was never my intent to give you any bad press. I know you worked hard on the boat, and paint work is always more difficult in the winter. The problems with it were the clear has some runs in it, the metalflake underneath has a couple of spots where it was oversanded, and the decal was installed crooked on one side. The clear has held up fine, and I'm pleased with the carpet.

El,
    I always take good care of momma. We'll definitely be making a trip to the beach this year. (The pro can massage the back, I'll take care of the front.) First class treatment for her, and hanging with the smelly fishing types and maybe rasslin' a few saltwater behemoths for me. Not getting a new ride, although it will be new to me. Thx for the words man...

Post Thanks / Like

So tell us brother.... what's it going to be that we will be looking for you in this year?

Curious minds want to know!!! LOL

Congrats!!

Tight lines and God Bless

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Unless something happens and I don't do the deal, it'll be a 2000 TR21 with a Merc 225 optipop. Might as well be just another knucklehead running a 'toon and see how that goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Jim, sounds good... but????

Wouldn't you prefer a boat a couple of years newer, with only about 110 hours on the 225 opti-max? One you've seen?

One that already has a GPS system?

I really didn't get to fish much last year, and well, money and my back doesn't seem to indicate I may get to fish much this year again, so, I may sell. I may even include my tackle for an appropriate extra amount of money.

If you go ahead and get the 2000 model, and I do get to fish, I will eagerly be looking forward to seeing your new ride.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Jim, sounds good... but????

Got called at 5:00 this am...server down...had to come in to work and give that naughty girl a kick in the head...she's back.

Danny, I offered you 10k for that piece a junk a long time ago and you turned your nose up at it.

Actually the one I'm getting is not much to look at, but it has 70 hours on a factory replacement powerhead, and everything else works. Has recessed pedal,gps,pumpout,hyd steering, etc. The previous owner jumped to an '07 21 ft Legend to the tune of somewhere in the 40's. Consumer loans and guys like that keep our economy strong.

The 10k offer still stands, and I'll give you $100 for that fishing equipment. (Never played behind the plate in baseball, but I call that stuff the tools of ignorance.)

Post Thanks / Like

Not even worthy of a real reply. It's things like that which cause you the bad luck, like the 5 am call on the server. HA HA HA

And, I know you gotta be giving much more than that for that rig you're talking about.

Go young jedi, and remember, the force should be with you, and be wary of the darkside...> LMAO

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Jim I left you a couple of replies in the boat discussions board

R19

Post Thanks / Like

Gene, thx for passing on the info, but I pulled the trigger on the deal and she's gone. Heck you don't need no commission to go fishing, all's you gotta do is say. If you happen to see this message, I'm going to Barren tomorrow give me a call. It'll be wet, but I ain't gonna melt.

Post Thanks / Like

So I am going to assume you got that Triton. I was just trying to help you move that 201. Hope you like your new to you ride. For its day that 89 201 was the pimp daddy Cadallic ride. As for the offer to go to Barren tomorrow I will have to take a rain check LOL on that. I just got over the flu so it will be the couch and TV for me.

R19