Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Shelbyville Bass

Just a quick report (you can also find my webpage here at fishin.com or at Jims fishin guide page) but the large mouth bass have been tearing up everything the past couple of weeks on Shelbyville. Lots of nice fish too.
    I want to thank BIG JIM D for posting the Illinois discussion board and for doing great work all over this site and on his fishing guide home page site too. Thank Peter too he runs a great site here at fishin.com
    Come on up, down or over to Shelbyville soon the Bass bite is the best it has been in years.
    Walleye are good to great depending on your expectations. Whites are good and the crappie are still active too.

Take care!

John Hayden

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Shelbyville Bass

John
    Have to agree. Friday I went out to check new transducer on the boat and decided to pull a rod out and see what happened. Fished an area i had never check before. After a few cast of spinnerbait "BAM" got a monster LM. Got almost to the boat and got a look see and broke off. Had not retyed after fishing the PVA tournament on Rend Lake. That will teach me.

Thought I'll try that again and soon hit by a 16" + LM. My bump board only goes to 16". This is great only been out about an hour and a half and got two real good fish. Probably ten minutes later got another nice fish that was 15.5". That was all I could stand. Thought about finding a partner for the S.A.F.E. charity tournament Saturday.

Can't wait to get back out again this week. Hopefully won't get called to work.

Tight lines - Full Livewells - God Bless
    Barry

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Shelbyville Bass

It's been very consistant. Look for the LM to hit all of this month and into July. I hope for the cool nights to continue. We need a HUGE rain to cool things off a bit but even if we don't get it I think the LM will be good for another 3 weeks at least.