Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing Braidwood Lake

I,m new to fishing and would like to catch small or large mouth bass. I live about 60 miles away from Lake Braidwood. I,d like to have success my on first day trip.I need tip on how to catch them.Thank You.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Fishing Braidwood Lake

I'm not familar with Braidwood but in looking at lake map see that it is a power plant lake. You did not say whether you had a boat or not. That little bit of information would be helful before giving specific tips. Here are a few general tips

1. With it being summer and assuming the power plant is producing power. You will want to stay away from the warm water discharge area.

2. You'll want to look for an area where the bass will be able to find shelter from the sun if water is clear and find source of feed (shad).

3. There is probably a bait shop in the area. That is always a good starting place, jsut use your judgement as to whether they are trying to help you or jsut sell you tackle.

4. See that there is a couple of boat ramps and that is often a good area to start. Algae builds up on the concrete and that attracts baitfish which in turn will draw the larger fish (not only bass). This is also a good place to have the opportunity to talk with other anglers who will frequently offer advise. Also may find somebody that would be willing to take you along with them and teach you something about the lake.

Hope this helps it is very general but is a start.

Barry