Search Fishin.com

Thread: Florida Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Florida Fishing

I hope this board really gets going so all of us in Kentucky can have some first hand news on what lake to fish when we visit. This can work both ways so let us know if your coming this way and we will help all we can. Good luck and good fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Florida Fishing

If you find out DJ let me know , lakes are still trying to get back to regular, some are still to high.
    My brother lives on John's lake and they say the bass are being caught right and left, but I been on it three times and I got a few small one's and a catfish or two that the kids pulled in.

I was born in Mayking, Ky, we head there each year but the reunion keeps us busy the whole week,but let us know who the fishing is going, might have to find an extra week to spend in KY fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to fish John's lake years ago when i was in lake county. I'm not sure of the town (location) that you posted what county is it in?
    Have you heard of Cedar Creek Lake here in Ky? It's located near Stanford and Crab Orchard. They made this lake just for fisherman and it's paying off already. Great catches of bass and bluegill. I mostly bass fish and we have had some awesome days there. The fishing is starting to really pick up in the state as spring is here!!
    Don

Post Thanks / Like

John's lake is on the line of Lake and Orange county and the town is clearmont, it just below Lake Apopka.

Post Thanks / Like

My mistake, i wasn't clear. I know the location of John's Lake but not the location of your town in Ky.
    I fished for a few hours yesterday and caught 12 bass with the biggest around 4 lbs all fish were shallow 1-3ft and caught on jigs. Water temp 58-60. The fishing is really on right now and it's about time since the winter seems to go on forever!! See ya

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-07-05 AT 06:11PM (EST)[/font][p]Letcher County, Hazard is the bigest close city, lower eastern on the VA line.

We had to many storms to do any fishing, we having one right now

Post Thanks / Like

I work down in that area from time to time. I was in Beverly last week and as i was driving i saw a an elk in the fields close to the Red Bird Mission area. Thats a very scenic drive. See ya...