Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Lady Lakes info needed

Hello to all!!! My in laws just moved into a place called The Villages in this area so in January I'll be taking my family to visit them and I would definitly love to do some Florida fishing, but I'm not sure what is available in the area. If it tugs, Im happy to fish for it. I do a lot of fishing in Indiana for everything from Bass to steelhead and salmon. Any advice or info would greatly be appreciated. Just starting my research so if you have any suggestions I would be grateful. Tight Lines and screamin drags to ya!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Lady Lakes info needed

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-26-05 AT 01:20PM (EST)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-26-05 AT 01:19*PM (EST)[/font]

Although I've not been to the Villages, I do know that the lakes within the Villages are catch and release. Actually I'd be more interested to hear how your family likes the villages. My wife and I are going in March to check the Villages specifically. Go to THEVILLAGES.COM and just tell them that family lives there and you're seeking advise for local Lakes. There's numerous. Again, I'd really be interested to hear about the Villages.

If you're in a boat an weeds aren't an issue try drifting around with 2" twisters/white for slab crappies. They shouldn't be in the shallows yet. Best bet would be to check a local marina. As for bass, whatever you use at home works there. Expect quality over quantity. My parents lived on Lake Minnehaha near Clermont for 20 years. Relatively close to your family. My favorite time was February for big bass. Great memories.

Happy New Year
    Steve Henderson