Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

BIG O OR ELSEWHERE?

PLANNING A TRIP IN JANUARY TO FISH ON OKEECHOBEE. I'VE BEEN READING ARTICLES ABOUT OKEECHOBEE, AND THEY ARE NOT VERY POSITIVE ON THE OUTLOOK FOR THE LAKE. IF YOU HAD A WEEK TO FISH IN FLORIDA WOULD YOU GO TO OKEECHOBEE OR ANOTHER LAKE IN FLORIDA?

Post Thanks / Like

RE: BIG O OR ELSEWHERE?

Only you can be the judge but I've been reading about the area also. My family used to live in central Florida for 20 years but my dad and I never fished the Big "O". We always were lucky enough to have connections to fish grove ponds. You may want to read this. It doesn't sound good.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/10418...+O+-+North+End

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

RE: BIG O OR ELSEWHERE?

I have been to Okeechobee, fished it after the hurricanes and it is GREAT. Guys are running out of bait. GREAT numbers of fish. The reports you are reading are coming from people who are not fishing. Yes there were some fish killed, but the lake had plenty of fish any way and the lake is larger now than it has ever been with a level approaching the 18.5 foot level at one point. If anything there is too much water in the lake and they need to drop some according to guides.
    Fish Okeechobee.. trust me. I fished it and I want desperately to go back.