Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Curado 3.8:1 ratio

I've got two low gear ratio reels I use for deep diving crankbaits, and am thinking I could get by with just one, or so it seems.

Anyway, I have a Curado 3.8 to 1 gear ratio that I bought new about 2 years ago. I paid $139 or so plus taxes.

I'd consider a trade for the same reel with higher gear ratio, or even to sell. I'd love to try a left handed reel.

If anyone may be interested, please just post back.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Curado 3.8:1 ratio

how much would you sell it for

Post Thanks / Like

Tadpole,

I hadn't thought about putting a price to it just yet, as I was hoping for a chance to trade for a reel. I certainly don't expect to get enough to buy a new reel, though it would be nice. I'd love a new curado.. LMAO

Tell me, what do you think it would be worth to you? The reel is like new. I've been out several times so far this year, and I have yet to even use it this year.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

well Danny i own three curado's the last one i got off ebay used for 81$ with shipping it's 6-1 rato id be willing to swop this reel is in great shape just looks used. i dont need a new reel just like the idea of a slower rato for worm fishin and spinner baits.ive seen the new curado's,and from what i hear,they dont feel right,thats why i got my last one off ebay. think it over.

Post Thanks / Like

Tadpole,

I don't wish to blow a trade or anything, but I have to be honest, and that you need a high speed reel like you have for worming. You need a slow reel ratio like I have for deep diving crankbaits, because they have a greater ability to "pull" the big lipped crankbait through the water. The problem with a slow ratio like mine is that it is difficult to take up the slack in the line when a fish picks up your worm and takes off.

Again, not trying to blow that type of deal, just don't want you getting the wrong reel for the application, and then being disappointed at missing fish.

If you are still interested, let me know, and maybe we can meet somewhere to compare the reels. I live in Muhlenberg county. the best place to meet would obviously be at a lake!!!! LOL... that way we could get some fishing in!!

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

i agree with danny about high gear for worms and low gear for big crankbaits. great advice!!!

tadpole i don't know who told you that about the new curado's but i couldn't disagree with them more.

I've got 6 of the older style 3 of which i bought off ebay 2 months ago in perfect condition and was very happy with them until a rich friend bought me a new style as a gift.

after using this reel i told him that i didn't want to sound ungrateful but i wish he hadn't bought it for me because now i want all new style's.

and at $200.00 each i might have to take a loan.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Danny i realy do disagre with you on the rato thing but thats only my opinion,no slack in my line when wormin or tubein, but i do agree about the getin together on the water part. i live in nicholasville,

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Curado 3.8:1 ratio bump.. eom

nt

Post Thanks / Like

Danny is right----the 3.8 is really SLOW. It's perfect for a DD22, but that's about it. I had one, but I took it to my reel repair guy and had him switch the gears to a 6.2 to 1. I have 3 older Curado's in 5 to 1 I now use for cranking.
    Danny---You can get darn near new price out of that reel on E-bay, especially if it's in great shape and if you have the box, it would make it look even better and sell for more. I have bought about 5 Curado's on E-bay---all of them were pretty good---few scratches.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mark...

I'm sure I've got the box somewhere around here. I NEVER throw anything away... LMAO

I bet I've used this rod for less than 100 casts. But, I've also had it riding around in my rod box. I do have the rod holders, so hopefully it isn't scratched up.

Thanks for the heads up.

Danny