Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Want to trade for Rapala CD 3 & 5

Looking for small Rapala countdowns of virtually any color. Willing to trade shadraps or original floaters for them. Prefer NIB but willing to consider used in good shape.

I have anumber of Shadraps I would like to trade.

Also, someone was generous enough to give me several free lures and only asked that I "pay it forward" (kinda like the movie). I am willing to give 2 Stanley classic spinnerbaits (1/4, 3/8) and 2 Shadrap SSR-7 (s & sd) shallow cranks, postage free, to the first person who wants them. You already know the catch! You are encouraged to pay it forward yourself.

Thanks, Brian.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Want to trade for Rapala CD 3 & 5

I don't go to the movies and I have never heard the term "pay it forward", what does that mean and what are you supposed to do. I don't need the lures, just curious about the term.

Thanks,
    Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like

"Pay it Forward" is a concept where you receive a favor or gift of some sort. Instead of owing or re-paying the person who provided the favor/gift, you agree to provide a favor/gift to someone else in the near future. Instead of paying the person who gave the favor/gift "back", you pay someone else "forward" with a favor/gift. In this case the gift would be the lures. In theory, the recipient would offer several lures to someone else and the whole thing could self-perpetuate. Sometimes it is difficult to make a straight across trade with someone. You may have something for trade that they want, yet, they may not have something you want. This way, people could offer up something they don't plan on using. When someone else who wants those lures accepts them, they will in turn offer something they aren't using. It all hinges on the honor system. Sound neat? We'll have to see how it works.
    Hope I explained everything OK. My wife claims I have a way of complicating the blatanly simple things in life. Wonder what she means?

Tight lines, Brian.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Brian, I understand now. I just had never heard the phrase before. It is similar to something I always do when I do something to help someone, especially a stranger. Example, a while back I towed a stranded fisherman back to a ramp. When we got there, he offered to pay me for my trouble. I said, no thanks, just return the favor by doing something nice to help someone else sometime. Fortunatly, I have also received many favors/help back from other people.

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like

That's a perfect example.
    Tight Lines, Brian.