Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chatterbaits

Post Thanks / Like

Chatterbaits

If anybodys got any of them there chatterbaits sittin around, I'll give ya a couple dollars to cover postage. lol!

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Chatterbaits

Yeah, me too... LMAO

I'd love to give them a try as well.

But there are many other brands that are very similar that are around, and I think Matt Plapp has some that are very similar that he has for sale in his shop.

Not sure where you are located, but you might try checking Plapps.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Plapps does have some, or at least did. I bought some there on wed. or thurs., but they told me they were going fast. They had Chatterbugs(made in Bardstown) in sizes 1/4 3/8 1/2 and colors black, white and white/chartreuse. I only live about four miles away from there. They were 8.50 a piece.

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-06 AT 08:35PM (EST)[/font][p]Angler's Outpost has the real thing! I bought seven of them sat. 4-22-06. They still have blk./brown,blk./blue,shad,wht./char.,grn.pump., In different sizes 1/4,3/8,1/2oz. Better get them quick or they will be gone. I think the price was $5.97.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys I bought them online from Radlures site direct for $7 each and delivered in 2-3 weeks. Ebay is making a killin' off the fever with some selling as high as $20 apiece. Jury is still out on them for me, I have to see the full season use before I make any review. I'll post the spring/summer/fall results as I finish each. I am using pumpkin green/black and the chartreuse in 3/8 oz. sizes. I'm hoping others will share their experiences and stories so honest assessment can be made. Good fishing.......Shoalrunner

Post Thanks / Like

I have some for sale on E-bay

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-26-06 AT 10:28PM (EST)[/font][p]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7237652707&rd=1&sspage name=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Copy and paste this short cut to see my ad for Chatterbaits. This is just one ad, but click on "view sellers other items" and you will see how many I have for sale. I still have 17 baits left. I have black and blue 1/4 oz,red and white 3/8 oz. and black and red 1/4 oz.
    I bought 34 yesterday, kept 8 for myself,put 26 of them on E-bay and within 3 hours,I sold 9 of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Bass pro has the gambler knock offs for 4.50 each

Post Thanks / Like

Dick's has them for 5.99 call first they are going fast limit of 5..

Post Thanks / Like

www.chatterbait.com sells them all day

Post Thanks / Like

Really???? That doesn't seem to be a good website. I think you meant www.radlures.com and they are backordered and can't fill orders for several weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: I have some for sale on E-bay

Why would you let all of us on here know that you are one of the reasons guys like us are having a hard time coming by these lures? Why do you buy so many and try to make a personal profit off e-bay, when you know we all want to at least try one. Get a real job and stop making it tough on the guys that enjoy fishing. What you are doing is cutting the supply of something that is already in high demand, and the only thing that will accomplish is to drive prices up. Thrity-four? I mean, come on! Shame on whoever let you buy that many at once. If you are a genuine tackle retailer, then I take it all back. If that is your 9-5, I undersatnd. Otherwise, it is just plain selfishness trying to make a killer profit off guys trying to enjoy their hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: I have some for sale on E-bay

It's funny you should say that. I look at it in a different way for many reasons. One, the people that bought these baits made that decision to buy them at that price and it was their decision. But, quite honestly, it's really not that high. I have sold those baits from anywhere from $12.95 to $19.95----but let's look at this one way. If you lived say 60 miles to the closest tackle dealer that has some in stock and your truck/car gets 20 mpg----120 miles round trip. At almost $3.00 a gallon, that's $18.00, plus the costs of the bait $5.99 plus tax $.36, plus about 2 to 2.5 hours of your time, that comes up to $24.35-----but, in a matter of minutes you got on E-bay and paid $12.95 plus $4.00 shipping and it came to your door, which came up to $16.95, plus you now had that 2 to 2.5 hours to do many other things. HMMMMM???? Kind of seems like a bargain---doesn't it???? That was one example----you are taking for granted that we live so close to 3 Dicks Sporting goods stores and it is a very reasonable price drive to go to that store and buy baits. Many,many people are not that fortunate. So, I did let some people by them and try them and they never complained ONCE. Actually, they thanked me and gave me great 100% positive ratings.
    People like you that are complaining are just mad becuase you didn't think of it first and also missed out on an opportunity to make a little extra fishing money with gas prices going so high.

What's the big deal anyway????????? I didn't do anything different then many millions of people do everyday on E-bay, but I guess they are all rip-offs too? HUH?
    Ever heard the term "buy low,sell high"? People do it everyday all over the place---simple economics. Why complain about it?

If you really want one, I will sell you one for the original price of $5.99, if that will make you happy.
    Oh yeah---in two days, I ended up buying a total of 72 baits, not 34---that was just the first purchase. On top of that, what store actually limits you to how many of something you can buy anyway? I bet Wal-Mart doesn't tell you----"Oh sorry, you can only by one of those, other people may need them too" NOT!

Oh yeah, I'm not a tackle dealer, I have a real job and E-bay is just a way of making a little extra money.

I think I have said enough, I'll be quiet now. If you really want to talk about it and tell me why it was so wrong, I can give you my phone number and we can talk. Really doesn't bother me one bit.

I almost forgot-----I was not the only one from this area on E-bay selling chatterbaits from Dicks---there was quite a few others that did the same, I was just the one that bought so many on that first order at Dicks that everyone whined and cried about. If you don't believe me, go through the almost 180 ads for Chatterbaits and look at "sellers locations" you'll see some from Louisville,Indiana,and others that just says Midwest.
    I still don't see the problem.