Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Love the new board

I've been gone from the board for a few weeks, come back and see the message "Don't post here" and the link to here. I have registered, and I have to admit, I really like the new board. A few things will still take some getting used to, but I really like the options I found while poking around in the corners of the control panels, options, and things like that.

Should be fun, and I love the "WYSIWYG"!! I do wish we had some color and font controls, such as size.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Love the new board

DITTO?

Post Thanks / Like

"WYSIWYG" ????????? I guess I ain't to bright, I don't know what that means.

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Shawn....

"WYSIWYG" is a rather old computer term meaning "what you see is what you get." To the best of my knowledge that term was introduced with one of the later versions of Lotus 123, however MS Excel had that built in when I was introduced to it, and Excel is much easier to use, and most businesses made the switch, which in turn meant most of us home users also changed.

I hope this helps.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Love the new board

Danny,

Thanks. I am leaving in May to go to Ft Rucker. As soon as the weather gets a little better, we are going to have to go fishing. I hope you and your family have been well.

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be ready to hit the water as soon as the weather breaks. I hope you have a safe transfer. Any good fishing water around the new fort?

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Eufaula is real close. It is about the same as me driving to KY or Barkley now. But you do not deploy there. I will be able to spend my last three years till I retire at Ft Rucker. I think I have been enough times. (plural) I sent my prop off today to be blueprinted. The guy is doing it for me cheap since I am in the Army. What he is charging me is what most people pay just to have their prop cleaned up. I thought that was really cool of him. I am going to the Boat Show in Louisville this weekend to help out a a booth. My brother was going to be there too, but he fell off a ladder (ladder slipped away from the wall) on Friday and broke his pelvis in two spots and his tail bone. Poor guy can't walk for 6 weeks.

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Dang Shawn, I feel for your brother. Man, that's a tough injury.... really tough!!!

Hey, what'd you do to that prop? You've probably only used it about 4 times haven't you? LMAO Didn't you just get that boat new? Man... you gotta be hard on those props. LOL

Sounds like you are going to a good place, and not just for the fishing. Nice to know you will be in the states for the rest of your tour. We all appreciate your mulitple tours, and I appreciate the conversations we've had. I think no one can really know what you guys go through over there in Iraq without either doing it, or hearing it first hand from one of you who have protected us there.

We'll talk again later and have fun at the Louisville show. I used to always come up there and have always enjoyed it. Doubt I will make it this year though.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

I am very familar with this format and have been using this format on many other forums. So I am ok with the change and approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I've been gone from the board for a few weeks, come back and see the message "Don't post here" and the link to here. I have registered, and I have to admit, I really like the new board. A few things will still take some getting used to, but I really like the options I found while poking around in the corners of the control panels, options, and things like that.

Should be fun, and I love the "WYSIWYG"!! I do wish we had some color and font controls, such as size.

Danny
    Last edited by Moose1am; 01-23-2007 at 12:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the new look

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Love the new board

I think this format is much easier to keep up with topics. I'm glad for the change.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, new board is nice just going to take some time to find things