Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Post weather & Color fnf jig

What would you guys say would be the best color fnf jig for cloudy days? Sunny days, and so on. I tie my own jigs and would like to get all your guys input so I can goof around with the colors a little bit and try to come up with a SUPER JIG.....lol.... One that will work all the time >>>>LMAO.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: weather & Color fnf jig

Craft hair in color
    Duck when it's clear
    Take out the fish Dope
    And give them both a Smear.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if you can produce a SUPER JIG that will work ALL the time. Depth, Presentation and types of water you are fishing are WAY more important than color in my opinion. I have 4 jigs in my box and that is pretty much all I use. Duck Feather with Chartreuse and Blue anytime there is color to the water and overcast days, Duck Feather with Red for overcast days and clear water, White Craft hair with some pink mixed in for clear water and high blue skies and Smoke Craft hair just because I have caught some fish on it when the Duck did not produce. I don't think for one second that a few strands extra of this color or that color added to your jig will make a difference in the bite. If you put it in front of her face with the proper presentation the bobber will go under. To a point I think color is more of a confidence tool than anything. Tie your favorite color on, for me that is Duck with Red, and watch your confidence go sky high, you focus more on your presentation and concentrate on what the jig is doing for you know the bobber will go under any second. I even have straight Duck Feather Jigs that don't have any craft hair whatsoever to accent them and I don't tie them on for I don't have any confidence in them. Will they produce, absolutely, but I will choose the Duck with Red or Chartreuse and Blue EVERY time because they have produced in the past. The same fish that hits these will hit the straight Duck but it is a confidence thing for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I was really just kiddin around about the "super" jig. I also have better luck on the duck with a lil red, But I have also caught them on just plain duck. I made some duck with a lil pink in it im going to try at laurel tommorow, basically im just playin around with some colors cause it feels good to catch a fish with something you make yourself.lol. I always have my go-to colors though. Thanks for all of your replys and I will post a report on laurel when i get back.

Post Thanks / Like

Laurel Conditions Thursday...

look perfect for FNF!!! Look forward to hearing your report!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Laurel Conditions Thursday...

Bad news guys.... you all wont be gettin a report on laurel tommorow... My buddy backed out the last minute and we were taking his boat... I didnt charge my battery or get anything else ready with my boat... I bet ya someone else will catch that 12 pounder tommorow!!!!! Gonna try to go friday or sunday though...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Laurel Conditions Thursday...

Let us know how you do. I am thinking about fishing Laurel on Saturday. I have not been down their in a couple of weeks.