Fishing Tip of the Week, Lake Guntersville 1/28/07

In looking over my computer based history that I have been keeping now for some 12 years, it appears that especially with the last 6 to 8 years that February is the start of the Pre-Spawn fishing. Once this cold spell ends you best hang on, it’s going to be a feeding frenzy on the water. Lake Guntersville will produce the biggest stringers of the year consistently for the next 5 weeks and the Lake Guntersville big fish record will get challenged, day in and day out. There will be no better lake in the country over the next few weeks than we have in North Alabama.
You should be working those humps and ditches consistently and using your most comfortable and most confident bait you have in your tackle box. I believe it’s a time on the water that if you go out there with confidence in what you are throwing you will catch fish. The big fish will come off of jigs, spinner baits and jerk baits and the numbers will come on lipless crank baits and soft plastics.
Those of you who can consistently get off the community holes and find areas that the fishing pressure isn’t real strong will benefit by catching bigger fish. Its time for you tournament fisherman to fish unique areas of the lake, isolated grass, hidden points or ditches and you will benefit from that knowledge by landing the bigger bites. If I was you and coming to Guntersville over the next 5 weeks getting ready for a tournament I would spend some pre-fishing time looking for exactly what I am talking about. A bend or a U-shape area of grass that no one else is fishing, a dip near a shelf or edge of a hump that everyone fishes over and doesn’t see an they run by it day after day. These different and unique bottom structures will be where your tournament is won.
I am still available for most of February and March with open dates every week, lets fish together and get ready for your tournament; you won’t be disappointed I assure you!

Fish Lake Guntersville Guide Service
www.fishlakeguntersvilleguideservice.com
Email: bassguide@comcast.net
256 759 2270
Captain Mike Gerry