Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Question looking to buy a new fishfinder, I have heard that you can see a dropshot rig

can any fishfinder do this. looking to get a eagle fish mark 480. is it worth getting. any help would be greatful thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: looking to buy a new fishfinder, I have heard that you can see a dropshot rig

i have a lowrance 332c,and i have done it with this unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: looking to buy a new fishfinder, I have heard that you can see a dropshot rig

I have 2 of these units in my boat and they are worth the money. Certainly, not the top of the line but worth what you spend. They are not good enought to see the sinker and plastic on a drop shot rig individually like I saw on TV during that one particular tourney. If you want something that good you will have to spend some more cash. I do see a blip as the bait falls and can tell what depth the presentation is at if that is all you need but to get the crystal clear picture to where you can see the fish come to investigate is out of the question.

Post Thanks / Like

I have Lowrance 102C and 332c on my boat both will pick up even a small 1/8 jig head maybe smaller never tried. I have used the 102 to drop silver buddies down below baitfish to catch bass. It is pretty neat. Well I used to until my 102c went on the brink, but that is another story.

Post Thanks / Like

If you set it up right, an x-65 lowrance will do it. Any new fishfinder with at least 240 vertical pixels should be able to do it with the proper settings. I;ve heard a 480 model is a fine one. Get what you can afford as long as it meets your needs. A 1000.00 graph is great, but again, the settings are crucial.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Lowrance X52 mounted in bow of my boat with the transducer mounted on the trolling motor. I have it on automatic settings and can see a jigging spoon make vertical lines on my screen as I jig it up and down off of the bottom.

Post Thanks / Like

bandit if you are looking for a new unit you may want to check out http://www.threeriversmarine.net/page/page/2298356.htm.

Good prices and you can't beat their service!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lakebandit View Post
    can any fishfinder do this. looking to get a eagle fish mark 480. is it worth getting. any help would be greatful thanks
    Don't forget, if you're a KBF Member, you can get very significant discounts on Lowrance units if you order through the KBF. This is what I'm going to do, as soon as i decide on the unit I want.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a LCX-26C-HD and it will show a dropshot rig or whatever you are throwing. You can actually distiguish between the weight and the worm. If you shake it up and down you can actually see it moving on the graph. Pretty neat stuff. But, has it helped me catch fish? lol no, not really but extremely good for finding cover and distinguishing bottom composition. Drew

Post Thanks / Like

How would you go about ordering one through the KBF? What is the discount?