Search Fishin.com

Thread: DH on Jan 27th

Cookeville, Tennessee, God Bless America.
    Post Thanks / Like

DH on Jan 27th

Fished DH on Saturday, 27 Jan, 7am-4pm from the dam to First Island ..... Went with bassRN from Crossville. Water temp was 46 degrees; sky was sunny up until noon and overcast til we left. Together we boated 10 browns, largest about 20" and 4-1/2 lbs. Wind blew us all over the lake and had to ride the TM to stay off the bank. Saw about twenty boats - most were runnin' after 12pm here and there.... didn't talk to anyone else so don't know how others did... All fish were caught on plastic and zero on FnF..... With the drop in temps, DH is prime to catch a trophy....tight lines....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DH on Jan 27th

Dover; Thanks for the post and the info. Sounds like you guys had a descent day on the hollow, at least it wasn't a shutout. Was the bite better in the morning early with the sun or later on in the day with the cloud cover before the front moved in? I talked to a friend of mine that was up there a couple days before the weekend and he said the bite was better early and went stale around noon and picked back up again late down in the evening close to dark. That tried the flf as well without any luck, and all their fish was on a deep bite in 40-50 of water with the jig on main lake points and pockets on the main lake. He said they tried up in the mouth of a couple of creeks, but the fish were not as cooperative with the shallow bite as they were on the deep side. They were in the middle and went up, with some stain the futher they went up towards sunset. Also was wondering if you were in the creeks or the mouth of them and seen any pods of minnows, and pitched a spoon or a silver buddy or a gay blade any at them? Thanks and tight lines...283

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DH on Jan 27th

We were also there on the 27th. I posted a couple of photos on the photoboard.

Our bite was better in the morning, once the wind got up really good and the clouds rolled in the bite died for us.

We had 10 fish, 8 smallies and 2 largemouth. My friends were fishing shiners. I caught 4 of our fish, all on a bitsy flip jig. I like catching them on the artificial better than shiners for some reason

we had two 5lb smallies one 5lb even and another 5lb7oz

I am looking for someone who is good on center hill to help me out. I have a BFL Feb 17th. I am fish as a co-angler. Any advice please email me. I will go done a fish out of my boat on Feb 10th to get a feel for the lake. I will probably not have anyone with if someone would like to go that knows the lake