Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Is it to early for sheds???

Anybody been out, I'm starting to itch to find some sheds is it to early yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is it to early for sheds???

Nope. Deer usually start dropping in Mid to late January.

Post Thanks / Like

Went last night and come up empty. Seen four bucks in the field, all still wearing the head gear. Another week or two should make a difference.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never really found any until mid to end of Feb. believe it or not I saw a buck last year in april on GeneSnyder that still had both sides.

Post Thanks / Like

I have found 11 sheds so far this year. 4 matched sets. I saw four bucks last night that still had both sides so I will be after them next week or so.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never found a set, what is your technique...lol It would be awsome to do that. Where county have you found your sheds?? 11 sheds is alot, good luck on the other bucks you saw. I might go out tomorrow morning.

Post Thanks / Like

what do you do with sheds?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveR View Post
    what do you do with sheds?
    You can use them for Rattling Antlers to call in bucks during the rut. You can actually sell them to knife makers, you can't get rich but they will buy them. But the biggest for me is just to collect them and see how many I can come up with as a collection. It's way cool to find the big ones to, you get the prize and he's still running free.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rme hunter View Post
    I have found 11 sheds so far this year. 4 matched sets. I saw four bucks last night that still had both sides so I will be after them next week or so.
    What county are you in, just curious. 11 already, dude you are on fire.

Post Thanks / Like

I am in Harding and Meade County. I find most of my sheds near food sources. Sometimes I even find them out in the field. However more often they are about 50 to 100 yards from the field edge in the woods or along brushy trails. I just find the trails that lead into and out of the feeding area and follow them along. Some days there is a lot of action others nothing. I have not found any this week and I also get to spend a lot of time looking.

I like to find the sheds and score them so I can see what is available for next season. I never sell any of mine although I do have some really nice ones. Two years ago I found about 7 sets and 22 total horns. Last year I only found 1 horn all year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rme hunter View Post
    I am in Harding and Meade County. I find most of my sheds near food sources. Sometimes I even find them out in the field. However more often they are about 50 to 100 yards from the field edge in the woods or along brushy trails. I just find the trails that lead into and out of the feeding area and follow them along. Some days there is a lot of action others nothing. I have not found any this week and I also get to spend a lot of time looking.

I like to find the sheds and score them so I can see what is available for next season. I never sell any of mine although I do have some really nice ones. Two years ago I found about 7 sets and 22 total horns. Last year I only found 1 horn all year.
    That's awesome and I too use your method of search this time of year. A buddy and myself went Saturday for awhile and found two. Both four point sides, both decent but nothing great. One had been off for quite awhile and the other looked as if it had just fell off. Happy huntin, Mark.

Post Thanks / Like

Found another one Monday afternoon, had been off for quite awhile. It was a five point side and half way decent.