Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I STUPID ?

Post Thanks / Like

Am I STUPID ?

So I find this nice fishin board where we all are supposed to share info about fishin and boatin, and I guess get to know one another, and meet new friends. But am I just STUPID ? for being basically the only person on the Ky board to say who I am and where I live, and a little about me. How are we supposed to become real friends if we don't know who we are. I know the Internet can be a "scary" place, but there is no information in the profile section that basically isn't common knowledge anyway. I dunno maybe I'm just stupid, but It's a little frustrating to me, not to know anything about the people you converse with on here. Does anyone else feel this way or am I the only STUPID one? !! (To post my Profile)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Am I STUPID ?

Pheonix, the profile section is new to this board. I a lot of people probably have not gone to the User CP yet to check their information. Don't know if I have either. Will check it now.

Post Thanks / Like

Phonix: I would have to agree with you for the most part you don't know you are talking to or where they are . they may be your neighbor down the road or in tim-buck-to.

PS/ I don't thank you be stupid for your thoughts either!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It sometines is amazing who who you are talking to. I have before talked to people to learn that they live or work one block away. I have also talked to relatives and did not know it and good friends of relatives.

Wild!!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe this thread should be moved to KY board to get more viewership and action?

Let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Peter: I don't know about moving it I let some of the older heads expound on that.

I have a uncle that lives in Louisville he is out in Indian trails sub-division so we are not that far apart after all

Post Thanks / Like

I think you'll find that there are a number of people on this board who do know each other. I've fished with a number of people who I met on the board. There have been various posts over the years sort of introducing people or telling more about yourself. The last two years there has also been a get together of people from the board. I'll make it one of these days!

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Maybe this thread should be moved to KY board to get more viewership and action?

Let me know.
    Thats OK by me, I just thought it should be on the Off Topic board to start with.

Post Thanks / Like

Jim Dicken lives about a mile from my office. He came by one day. He went to high school about a mile from my house and knows a lot of people that I know. I had met his wife before as she was in the advertising business.

Post Thanks / Like

The first thing i did when this new board came up was to fill in the profile.I dont mind getting to know people at all.Hell all i do anymore is work and i have a family so all my wild friends have dissapeared.I got 1 or 2 fishing buddys and thats about it.Well anyway nice seeing you on here phoenix and Hi to everybody else also.John

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Fisheater, now if everyone would do that. I think it would be easier to have some idea about who we are talkin to. By the way,funny avatar pic! Looks like you guys were havin a blast

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

You have to be careful. I was on many forums using the same Userid a few years ago. Another guy got nasty with somebody I had known a long time, and I came to his defense. The A-hole found me on several other boards and harassed me constantly. He got my email address and phone number too. Couldn't control himself and wound up with a visit from a local police officer because he made threats. I'm extra cautious now. I've seen people who seemed fine come unhinged over something trivial like a remark about their avatar and go off the deep end.