Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The ride of a triton?????

I've rode in tritons ,skeeters,rangers,and I have a stratos.It rides better than any of them , with the skeeter a close second.

Post Thanks / Like

MSG the way you went on about that $210.00 reel I got, I figured you for a Bass Tracker! Well I guess everybody gets a little more than thay need sometimes, Oh I think you missed the point about the shipping.

PS: I've got a Ranger, rides great!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: msgmills theres not that much difference is there?????

Quote Originally Posted by R20.9 View Post
    msgmills do they ride that much better than a ranger??? Or do you just like a triton alot better than a ranger.
    No in my Honest opinion, they ride (Rangers) ride rougher and always seemed to beat me to death, seem alot more heavier as well...All my friends I used to fish with had BassCat's, Stratos, Skeeter's and some Ranger's....Everyone who owned a Ranger bought a Triton, Bullet, or a Skeeter as their next choice of Boats to own...They were just totally turned off with the Ranger's....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by floatman View Post
    MSG the way you went on about that $210.00 reel I got, I figured you for a Bass Tracker! Well I guess everybody gets a little more than thay need sometimes, Oh I think you missed the point about the shipping.

PS: I've got a Ranger, rides great!
    No, I didn't go over board with the Boat I purchased, I bought the boat that fit my kind of fishing, safety first and utmost comfort second...I've got over 27 years of fishing experience out of Bass Boats and I would say I'm a pretty good judge on their +'s & -'s....

Now as far as your $210.00 reel goes, I do believe anyone who spends that kind of money on a reel to fish with has their priorities in shadier water than me...Never on the britest day would I ever spend that much on a reel...Your choice not mine, I've caught everything i need to catch on $50.00 reels and quite happy....

Post Thanks / Like

i have a 19.6ft stratos 96 model,i fished with many people who run triton,ranger skeeter procraft,i have drove them all and yes the triton takes a little seat time,,the driver has a lot to do with how they ride i think ,find one of each if you are serious,fish out of each one at least a day,in the conditions you fish and decide what you want.My late partner had a 99 tr21,personally i didn't like the solid vibration it had in a 8 in chop,it vibrated extremely bad at ky and barkley in 2 ft waves it was better,i fished in a 520vx last year and loved it.skeeter and nitro i don't like hhow high the seats are and i thought they were rougher riding.jmo,,don't buy until you know what you want,,if i had i would have got the 201 instead of the 295.pro.

Post Thanks / Like

This is why posts like this FAIL

Posts like this are never a good idea on a discussion board because your not going to get an answer to help you choose a boat. Triton's are one of the best riding boats on the water, but with that said you need to have some seat time to get the entire experience. The guy above who borrowed one and gave his assessment it unfair, he does not have a long term experience with the boat.

For anyone who has you should not have to have seat time to get a boat to drive and ride it's best, you've never driven high end sports cars. Porsche, Corvette, Viper, Lambo's and have a HUGE learning curve at their optimum performance. Odds are there is not a person on this board that could take a Dodge Viper out right now and not kill themselves at 150+ mph.

Now with that said, a Triton, Bullet and other performance hulls have the same learning curve. A Skeeter, Ranger, Procraft, etc DON'T. I am a dealer and I drive them all a LOT. We sell Skeeter, Bullet and Triton. I love all 3, but if I judged the Bullet from my first time driving it we would not be a dealer. I had one of our employees school me on how to drive one and after a few months i LOVED IT.

But, with that said no matter what boat you buy there is not a bad one made these days. There are a few cheaper ones that cost a few dollars less, but they just are not built to hold up long term, you'll notice a difference in a few years. But the bigger name boats, Triton, Skeeter, Bullet, Triton, Ranger, etc, are all top of the line boats and will stand up to the beating we all put these boats through.

The first thing you need to do though before you pick a brand of boat is find a dealer you are comfortable with and buy what they sell. Because you are stuck with your dealer and it's them you need to be able to depend on when times get tough.

Good Luck,
    Matt Plapp

Post Thanks / Like

All I can tell you is this you need to Ride in and Run a boat before you buy, I do not care what type it is. Because boats are like line types, lakes and opinions everyone has his and hers favorites, likes and dislikes. The best thing you can do is check them all out and purchase the one that fits you for wehat you want.

For instance I have been in Tracker, Triton, Stratos, Ranger, Javlen, Vision, Skeeter, Nitro, Pro Craft and Champion, from 17.5' to 22', I own an older Stratos. My personal opinion is nothing rides better than a Ranger or a Champion and both handle rough water well. Of course the longer then are the better they will handle the rough water. The Triton, I am sure I will hear about this, I like their layout, they are a little faster seems like, but to me they they do not ride well they are a rough ride, but that is my feeling about them. Everyone is going to have a likes and dislikes. I have a friend that loves his Triton and dislikes my Stratos, there is no way I would trade him the Triton for my Stratos

Everyone will have his favorite and they will ride better and be faster than all of the others because that is what he likes and most of the time owns. So what I am getting too is this, check the boats out and get the boat THAT FITS YOU is the only thing you can do you will never be happy unless you do.

Post Thanks / Like

Ford, Chevys, Ranger,Triton, it don't really matter. Everyone puts alot of thought into anything they buy that is as much of an investment as any of the above. Whatever you buy, you will like and in turn have a loyalty to. Itoo have been in many different boats and cannot find myself as being a good judge of one against the other. Any one who buys a boat will eventually get what they want or can afford and the ride becomes bearable regardless, because it is yours. Any boat can only ride as good as the man behind the throttle can operate it. Given time and the opprtunity to learn how "your" boat operates in any given condition, you will feel that the boat you bought is the best ride. I run a boat that alot of folks in this area know little about and would put the ride against any other, but it's mine.
    In short, if you buy any boat that you like and it fits all your needs, then in your opinion you should have bought the best riding, most fishable, most comfortable boat on the market.

Post Thanks / Like

Well said Masbass. Nothing rides like a Ranger or Champion PERIOD.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: The ride of a triton?????

Are there any other boats out there made like a Ranger? Not really talking about the electronics or gauges just the actual process' like foam injection and that absolute solid feel you get when in a Ranger. Just curious...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: This is why posts like this FAIL

hey matt,
    if you are talking of my opinion i didn't borrow it,i fished out of it until he died 2 years ago now my uncle owns it and i still fish out of it,i put most of the fishing time on it it has,i wasn't knocking them or discouraging,i just said what i noticed,i could run my 295 70mph string straight after about 2 hours,the triton took me 10 hours,mine doesn't vibrate everything in it like the triton does on choppy water,that's why i said run any that interest you listen to everyone and decide what you want and fits your needs.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: This is why posts like this FAIL

I wasn't taking your specific comments to heart in any of my post. I was just squashing the generic view of a Triton, which comes up a lot in this industry. Triton created a mass apeal performance boat and gets penalized for it with negative publicity. Triton could have created a boat with no performance aspect to it and run the same speads as a Ranger or Skeeter and been the "Status Quo" when it came to performance. But they didn't.

That's the only point I was making. Sorry if I came off coming after you

Matt