Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F-150 trouble

Post Thanks / Like

Question F-150 trouble

I know it don't go here but a lot of people see this, I have a 2000 F-150 when you drive or pull sometimes it's fine but others it starts bouncing and when you hit the brakes it can almost bounce you into a wreck. most of the time it's just annoying. my mechanic don't think its the wheels and tires d/t the fact that it doesn't do it all the time. any help would be greatly appreciated
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: F-150 trouble

it's a ford. what do you except?

Post Thanks / Like

Have the " Calipers " checked, sounds as if they are sticking and not releasing when you apply the brakes. Sounds like a familar problem my Ex-Bro-In-Law had on his car..... Hope that is the problem.......

Post Thanks / Like

i have owned a 1999 f-150 and a 2001 f-150.both of them were king cabs.both trucks i loved.but at times i would notice a small bounce when you hit the brakes at slower speeds.i now have a f-150 2003 king cab and at times it does the same thing.i have talked to other people that owns the f-150 and they tell me the same thing also.i think this happens more in the extended cab trucks than the regular cabs.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say you need a new mechanic if he couldn't solve the problem.......

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2000 F-150 and I have put 3 sets of brakes of this truck, and I am ready to change them again. Brakes on these trucks are always doing something. I will not buy another Ford that's for sure. The brakes wear out way too fast on this truck, and I am not hard on brakes. I have a left front sticking right now. I have tried racing quality replacements, and it doesn't matter. I had a Ford van and it was the same story.

Post Thanks / Like

I was required to drive several Fords in my 31yr tenure with the phone co. They all seem to have issues with the brakes, not sure this your problem or not. but these other guys may have the cure as I have NEVER had a brake issue with any of my past 4 chevy trucks!
    Sorry I know thats not gonna fix your truck, but you had to know it was coming!
    Phoenix

Post Thanks / Like

I deserve it for buying one. Just another note. Do not drive a F-150 in a heavy rain storm. Water will fill up the plug wells and short out your coils which are around $50 each at a car parts store and $110 at the dealers. A heavy rain knocked out the entire left side so you know what it cost, and I did the work changing of the plugs. I think it is $97 per hour at the dealer now. If anyone has attempted to change the plugs and coils on a F-150, you know what I am talking about. That's another reason I will be buying something else. I watched a guy change his plugs on a Toyota in 20 minutes in the parking lot at Wal-Mart one day. It took me six hours.

Post Thanks / Like

I own a 2004 F-150 crew cab, and have 56,000 miles on it and all I've had to do to it so far...was buy a new set of tires and I have the oil changed every 5,000 miles, plus air filter...I must be one of the few exceptions, cause I'll only drive fords now that they have gotten there front ends to stop wearing out the inside of their front tires......

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: F-150 trouble

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    I own a 2004 F-150 crew cab, and have 56,000 miles on it and all I've had to do to it so far...was buy a new set of tires and I have the oil changed every 5,000 miles, plus air filter...I must be one of the few exceptions, cause I'll only drive fords now that they have gotten there front ends to stop wearing out the inside of their front tires......
    I agree ,I had a 2001 harley davidson and never had one problem with it and i now own a 04 F-150 XLT and i have only had to change the oil and air filters and i am getting a set of tires in a few weeks.I wouldnt own any other brand of truck imo ford is as good as it gets when it comes to a truck.Cars on the other hand, my wife has a focus and its a nightmare.Guess there is bad apples in every bunch.lol

Post Thanks / Like

I put numerous front pads on my 91 F150, they were lifetime warrantee from Autozone, so it only cost me my time. that got old though after the third set. Bought the heavy duty pads from Napa, the ones they yse on ambulances, and they lasted for a real long time. if pads are wearing out, recommend that as a fix.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2002 extended cab F-150 Southern Comfort package and it has never given me any trouble. It's about to roll over 90,000 trouble-free miles. This is the third Ford truck I've had and my family has always been a Ford family. Ford makes an extremely good product. I believe the vehicles that have problems are usually a victim of poor maintenance or hot-rodding. Even the best built vehicle in the world will not last without proper care!

I will more than likely need a new rearend soon.....when you've got a truck that can roast the tires so easily it's sooo hard to resist making her roar! FORD POWER!!!!