Search Fishin.com

Thread: Bunk Boards?

Post Thanks / Like

Bunk Boards?

Need new bunk boards on trailer Stratos295. Any suggestions on where to take it, or anyone that does this type of work appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bunk Boards?

i did mine myself,buy your wood cut them and cover them,take it to the lake,with your tools,slide it off replace them.Got a buddy tell him you'll take him fishing and you got help.i fished from daylight til about one went in and fixed it then fished into the night.Be sure to get new stainless wood screws to attach the brackets and new blots to bolt them to the trailer.

Post Thanks / Like

That's the way to do it I had one stolen while it was parked at a ramp at Barkley. Use treated wood if possible, or treat untreated wood, go to a carpet place get a piece of scrap, Done.

Post Thanks / Like

when putting the carpet on the boards what means do you use to attach the carpet to the 2x4, i know only to tack (drywall nails) to the bottom side of the bunker boards to secure the capet to the board, a past post stated to use stainless steel staples, wouldn't they have to be heavy duty and were can a person get them?

Post Thanks / Like

Two years ago I used a combination of Liquis Nails (water resistent) and SS nails. Holdin up great so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Revision to previous post, which will be blamed on short fat fingers and a lack of spell check. Two years ago I used a combination of Liquid Nails (water resistent) and SS nails. Holdin up great so far.[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

I just used a Heavy duty Staple Gun and stapled the carpet to my boards. Went to the lake, put my boat in the water. Pulled the trailer out and took old boards off trailer. Put new boards up against Bunk Board Brackets and marked Holes. Drilled out new holes for Bolts, Bolted new boards on Brackets and was done. Whole process took about 30 minutes from start to finish. Got new boards on Trailer and saved a lot of money by doing it myself.

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest buying quality marine/outdoor carpet. It is going to last a heck of a lot longer than cheep stuff. I also used marine quality glue and stainless steel staples along with presure treated 2X4's.

You need to get the carpet as tight as possible... if the carpet is loose itwill start to roll over and then tear.

I put new ones on this past fall and it really is not that hard.