Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new boat

Post Thanks / Like

Talking new boat

cant wait for the weather to worm up so i can start putting my boat to use. my first boat. i have ben fishing my whole life. and befor i was able to drive a car i wanted a boat. it is a 1988 dyna track all seats new and all carpet new, motor well keeped looks new. so my dream has come true.

thanks smuckey/41

Post Thanks / Like

Re: new boat

Smuckey;
    Mine's a 87 SS196 F/S, Dynatrak. That makes her 20yrs old. But she still catches fish as good as ever !
    Hope you have as much enjoyment with yours as I have mine !

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: new boat

Congrats and good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

WTG enjoy it hope you have a great year of fishing........

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good spring for you. My only "tongue-in-cheek" question- How long will it be till you launch without putting in the drain plug? Nearly everybody with a boat has done it once! Good luck and good fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the new boat. I'm sure most of us remember the first itme on the water with a new boat. I am on my 2nd, and remember the first time on the water, first fish,first time forgetting the plug, first scratch, first ding, well you get the picture. Regardless, it doesn't change how good it feels. Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: new boat

Wait, What, hold on a minute...isn't leaving the plug out, is because you want to check and see if the bilge pump works. Only way to do that is to leave the plug out while sone is in boat and then pull boat out of water and put plug back in while trying to explain to son that you were testing the equipment on the boat......he he he lol....Kinda goes with owning a boat...forgetting things, also forgeting to take both tie downs off the corners of the boat... Plus the Transom saver....lol

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the boat. Be sure you have your spare plug, spare tire, jack and lug wrench to change your tire and all your proper emergency equipment onboard in case your checked while on the water. Good luck, it's good to be the King!!

Post Thanks / Like

what emergency equipment is required by law? is a manual bilge pump required? is an electric horn acceptable or do i need a air horn?

Post Thanks / Like

Webster: Boat: Fiberglass or Metal hole in the water to pour money thru!!

Fire ext, throwabe pillow thingie,Depends on size of your boat maybe some rope, A horn or whistel,Regestation, a paddle and bailbucket, Life jacket for everyone with NO TEARS, Auto jackets will not count if they are in a locker!
    Sorry about all the miss spelling.
    Rowdy

Post Thanks / Like

I have owned a boat for about 15yrs. now. Haven't been fishing for 3 wks...Finally got to go on Saturday, launch the boat, check all the gauges....ooops! forgot to stop @ the gas station. Reload boat,off to get gas, relaunch on icy ramp yehaw! I'm finally fishing. Good luck with your new boat. Goes to show you no matter how long you own a boat a boat excitement can get the best of you.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually most all of those items listed above are NOT required by law, but highly recommended.

Depending on the size of your vessel you WILL REQUIRE 1 life jacket per occupant (accessible - if the jackets are in the nice clear plastic "case" they were sold in - you might still get a ticket), 1 fire extinguisher (for your sake get the right kind - you really want a type B-C), 1 throw-able flotation cushion (this does NOT count as a life jacket), 1 signal making device - air horn OR whistle, proper WORKING navigation lights, make a photocopy of your registration and go get a floating key chain - place registration in floating key chain, properly placed and sized registration numbers and current year sticker.

All of this is available online here: http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/navigat...vPath=C101C203

Recommended items - manual or electric bilge pump, oar, anchor and suitable road (at least 5 times the max depth of most water you boat in), mooring lines and COMMON SENSE.

Remember you ARE responsible for your own wake.

Have fun and be safe! Hook 'em in the face.