Search Fishin.com

Thread: NEW REEL

Post Thanks / Like

NEW REEL

I was wondering if anyone has ever used a reel made by Daiwa called a Capricorn XTC Baitcaster? Dicks's sporting goods has them on sale for $79.98and was wondering if they are a quality reel. I noticed that BPS does not carry the same model.

I am also looking at a Pflueger President or the Summit. I have never used a Pflueger and did not know the quality of these reels.

Any feedback would be appreciated Ryan.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW REEL

i have summit. seems better than average got it last oct next will probley be this sping.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Brother, I know you are looking for input, but I have only used diawa's 103 series reels and I have never personaly used the presidential but have never heard anything bad about it. My buddy just bought a presidential and it sure was nice. I like curado's and I just got all mine back from the reel repair guy. Now it is like having all new reels again.

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely love the Pflueger spinning reels! I've never tried their baitcasters, but if they're anywhere near the quality of their spinning reels, I'd say it's worth the money........

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one of the pflueger presidents spinning reel last year frpm the bps store, and love it. Smooth action and good drag system on a 7 foot pole makes it a good jig rod and a flippin stick as well.

Post Thanks / Like

i am a big fan of the bass pro rod and reels. i have 10 set ups 7baitcast and 3spinning i just got the president used it once so far and i like it. all the others are bps models besides the diawa vento on a bassmaster rod paid all that money and dont hardley ever use it. so i think i will stick the bps brands because you get the same product for almost half the price. but i will say my next purchace will be the browning midas combo, same as the johnny morris bait cast combo for half the price.

thanks
    smuckey/41

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tnstratos283 View Post
    I bought one of the pflueger presidents spinning reel last year frpm the bps store, and love it. Smooth action and good drag system on a 7 foot pole makes it a good jig rod and a flippin stick as well.
    Have you noticed a problem with line twist on this reel? I have one and it seems to introduce a ton of line twist after a few uses. Can't say it's necessarily my stringing technique either. Restrung mine several times and everytime made sure the line wasn't twisted when putting it on. Also had a buddy who said he had the same problem with an older Pflueger.

Post Thanks / Like

i bought a abu garcia revo sx love it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zx150 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has ever used a reel made by Daiwa called a Capricorn XTC Baitcaster? Dicks's sporting goods has them on sale for $79.98and was wondering if they are a quality reel. I noticed that BPS does not carry the same model.

I am also looking at a Pflueger President or the Summit. I have never used a Pflueger and did not know the quality of these reels.

Any feedback would be appreciated Ryan.
    i bought the abu garcia revo sx love it smooth and cast great

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bevo View Post
    Have you noticed a problem with line twist on this reel? I have one and it seems to introduce a ton of line twist after a few uses. Can't say it's necessarily my stringing technique either. Restrung mine several times and everytime made sure the line wasn't twisted when putting it on. Also had a buddy who said he had the same problem with an older Pflueger.
    I did have a little bit of line twist and alot of line coming off in loops when I first spooled the reel. Seemed (sp?) like every other cast I would have to loose the drag almost all the way out and pull it out by the line. I finally figured out I had spooled too much on, and peeled off some back to the loop and cut it off. I then let the line out behind the boat, and with tension between my fingers reeled it back on and that done the trick. I throw a 1/4oz jig on it most of the time right now (which is pretty light) and haven't had anymore problems with it. Try that and see if it don't help you. Oh, and another thing I started doing is after a cast, manually close your bail with your hand instead of with the handle on the reel. This will definitely help you on the line twist thing, and a little spray of reel magic on the line spool every so often will help retain the memory of the line to the shape of the spool if it is new line and the first time out with it. Hope this helps...283