Search Fishin.com

Thread: Fair Price???

Post Thanks / Like

Fair Price???

Cleaned a few lures out of the boat this past weekend and would like to sell them. I ended up with approximately 35 hardbaits (crankbaits, jerkbaits, traps, etc.) and a plastic bag full of plastics. Most (90%+) of the hardbaits have never been in the water. What would be a fair price when selling these? I was thinking 50-60% of retail. Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fair Price???

Rangerman send me a list of what you have and I might be interested,colors not important
    vx521ranger@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Fair Price???

The idea is that you want to rid yourself of this unnecessary gearyou've collected over the years, and you probably want to get back as much return on your original investment as possible, but you are thinking there is a reason you never used these and so you're gonna want to set them at a decent price to ensure a quick sale. One man's junk is another's treasure! and when it comes to a fisherman sitting home on a cold day surfing the computer, its hard to pass up what he thinks is a great opportunity to get ready for spring fishing so when a reduction in original price is offered, they'll jump on it. I've been addicted to buying swapping and selling stuff I don't need all winter.
    If it is something that people are using, you'll get more $. so I think 60-65% is good if you want to move them as long as they aren't all the latest LED flashing crankbaits with ultrasonic resonant frequency fishcalling thingamajig. I recommend you take good pictures and decide whether you're gonna sell in one big lot or in smaller or individual lots. you can use photobucket.com to host your pics if necessary. Stuff on http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zeroforum?id=102 is moving pretty good.

to much coffee sorry.......

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fair Price???

Thanks for the info and the feedback guys. I will put something together on the community tackle forum. Thanks.