Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Too cold to fish....

I don'T know about you guys but I for one am ready for this ice age to end, this is getting somewhat ridiculous. Global warming, yea right, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Too cold to fish....

Man, I hear ya... the good news is it's supposed to break 60 degrees next Saturday. Unfortunately, I'm all booked up next weekend, but at least it'll start getting a little warmer (fingers crossed). I'm can't take watching fishin shows on tv anymore w/o getting out there myself!

Post Thanks / Like

I used to say it is never too cold!!! But I am starting to re-think that.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Too cold to fish....

WAVE3.com says 52 and sunny for next Thursday. I saw a guy out at Guist Creek around Christmas time catching hybrids on shiners trolled deep. I think I'll head out there and give that a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Guist Creek is a real fun place to fish IMO, have always enjoyed going there! Have a good time, I'm jealous!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
    WAVE3.com says 52 and sunny for next Thursday. I saw a guy out at Guist Creek around Christmas time catching hybrids on shiners trolled deep. I think I'll head out there and give that a try.
    Check the ice before you go, will it be thawed by then???

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't fished since October. Boat is all cleaned,tackle organized, etc. I WANT TO FISH!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It is never too cold to fish and I will take some of the blame as I BEGGED for Alberta Clippers to show up and they finally did, too bad it is 2 months and 1 Hernia Surgery too late for me.

I will say that sitting in the middle of Dale Hollow, with snot running down my upper lip and sometimes freezing to my mustache, rod eyelets so frozen that about every 2-3 cast I stick the rod in the water to thaw them out, hands so red and cold that you can't feel your fingers, 5-6 layers of clothing on (If I fall in there is no hope), eyes practically freeze open or closed as you run wide open to your next spot, toes can't get warm enough, and then the thought runs thru your head that says "What in the Hell are you doing out here when you could be home next to a nice cozy fire", but that thought quickly evaporates as the bobber sinks to the depths and the 5 pound Brownfish comes out of the water to make your acquaintance. Even without the fish or a bite for that matter sure beats the hell out of not being able to tie you own shoes much less fish due to a little thing called INCISIONS.

Its never too cold to go fishing now get out there, all of you!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    It is never too cold to fish and I will take some of the blame as I BEGGED for Alberta Clippers to show up and they finally did, too bad it is 2 months and 1 Hernia Surgery too late for me.

I will say that sitting in the middle of Dale Hollow, with snot running down my upper lip and sometimes freezing to my mustache, rod eyelets so frozen that about every 2-3 cast I stick the rod in the water to thaw them out, hands so red and cold that you can't feel your fingers, 5-6 layers of clothing on (If I fall in there is no hope), eyes practically freeze open or closed as you run wide open to your next spot, toes can't get warm enough, and then the thought runs thru your head that says "What in the Hell are you doing out here when you could be home next to a nice cozy fire", but that thought quickly evaporates as the bobber sinks to the depths and the 5 pound Brownfish comes out of the water to make your acquaintance. Even without the fish or a bite for that matter sure beats the hell out of not being able to tie you own shoes much less fish due to a little thing called INCISIONS.

Its never too cold to go fishing now get out there, all of you!!!!!
    Elwood while normally I would agree with what you have said. I'm sorry ole buddy 5 degrees and a wind chill of 12 below is just more than I can handle anymore. And yes I have cussed the dickens out of you this winter for all your dang Alberta Clipper wishes, no punn intended Jim. Get well Woody so you can get out there and freeze your petunias off. BTW,I worked with a fella named Woody for 18 years, he's also a fishin nut like ourselves. Heal up soon, Mark.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark,

December 9 2005, I left the cabin and the weatherman in Nashville said it was 12 degrees with wind chill at NEGATIVE 4. I put in at Holly Creek (Amazingly, I was the only DECICATED one there so I got first dibs on the closest parking spot), left Holly Creek and motored straight to Sulphur Creek. First cast, nothing, second cast a 6-2 Beautiful Smallmouth in the boat and over the next 4 hours had 4 more fish over 4 pounds and another 4 that were better than 3. 9 total over 3 in less than 4 hours all on FNF and even though the air temp was BONE CHILLING cold, I was quite warm and toasty. Same day I learned a valuable lesson: Keep your snot rag and you fish dope rag seperated for I blew my nose on the same rag that I was wiping off the fish dope off my fingers and less say I had a Garlic Flavored Mustache for a week.

Post Thanks / Like

Elnut I'll admit you must be tougher than me, at about 20 degrees I'm a little too cool. Even with the snowsuit and long johns.

Above 20 and I'm with you....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    Mark,

December 9 2005, I left the cabin and the weatherman in Nashville said it was 12 degrees with wind chill at NEGATIVE 4. I put in at Holly Creek (Amazingly, I was the only DECICATED one there so I got first dibs on the closest parking spot), left Holly Creek and motored straight to Sulphur Creek. First cast, nothing, second cast a 6-2 Beautiful Smallmouth in the boat and over the next 4 hours had 4 more fish over 4 pounds and another 4 that were better than 3. 9 total over 3 in less than 4 hours all on FNF and even though the air temp was BONE CHILLING cold, I was quite warm and toasty. Same day I learned a valuable lesson: Keep your snot rag and you fish dope rag seperated for I blew my nose on the same rag that I was wiping off the fish dope off my fingers and less say I had a Garlic Flavored Mustache for a week.

At least your weren't using the Shad Flavor....