Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Terrible Disease unleashed in Kentucky

The dreaded Fish Pox has been detected in the state. Actually, I personally have the disease.
    The symptoms are...Symptoms include a severe itch in the palm of the victim's casting hand and visions of leaping bass seen through the mind's eye. Large sums of money are wasted on bogus remedies that never work.

It usually targets male adults with a high propensity to spend their leisure time fishing. Fishing Pox spreads rapidly when weather conditions are extremely cold, winds are blustery, and during extended periods of rain, sleet or snow. The more time a person spends indoors, the higher the likelihood of contracting the disease.

Little, if any, medical research is available. Random questioning of affected anglers suggests that those who scour the pages of fishing catalogs, surf the internet for fishing web sites, and watch more than two fishing shows per week, are at risk. The disease is contagious and spreads rapidly.
    There is a temporary remedy that will reduce the symptoms.. that is going to the very next Hunting and Fishing EXPO that you can find. I am attending the Jim Strader Hunting and Fishing Expo next weekend in order to lessen my own symptoms.

To rid the disease, hundreds of thousands of dollars are spent on new fishing tackle, lures, marine electronics, and numerous useless gadgets, all for naught. In more advanced stages, the Fishing Pox will cause the unwary to purchase luxury bass boats and ten-day trips to far off fishing destinations.

Fishing Pox is not covered by group medical plans, Medicare or Medicaid. However, a quick and relatively inexpensive cure is to GO FISHING! The sooner you do, the quicker the disease will disappear. Bigger is better; catching a big fish seems to eliminate the disease almost immediately.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Terrible Disease unleashed in Kentucky

That was great. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man we can use that until this weather breaks--I have been fishing on my putor-- game called trophy bass--got my fish 14 lb. bass in the boat friday it sure beats nothing--but wow i can,t get them 30 and 40 lb. cats in lmbo---Hang in there guys it won,t be much longer--gl to us all in 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Terrible Disease unleashed in Kentucky

I know the cure!!!!! Spend a hard day fishing & don't get a bite. That cures it for me for a few days anyway!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That was good, Fishbum. We needed some good reading. The cold weather has dulled the neurons lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, think Ive spent more in the last three weeks on fishing than I spent last year in gas.....okay maybe not that much, coulda bought a new boat for that $$$

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Terrible Disease unleashed in Kentucky

Oh No I think I've got it!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzzking View Post
    Yup, think Ive spent more in the last three weeks on fishing than I spent last year in gas.....okay maybe not that much, coulda bought a new boat for that $$$
    I can not take full credit for this.. I got the original from the Lake Norman Fishing Guide who does our Lake Norman NC reports.. he is a writer as well and always ads a nice story or article to the report.. you should read him regularly.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Terrible Disease unleashed in Kentucky

Just checked the weather, maybe I'll get to start treatment for this disease in the next week

Post Thanks / Like

I know for a fact I got it for sure....Suppose to hit 57 degree's here by friday...if you can believe the weather reports.......

Post Thanks / Like

Hay fishbum,

Don't care where you got it good reading and hit the nail on the head for me. THANKS LOT"S

Post Thanks / Like

I've got it too----BAD. I hope the weatherman is right, so I can get my treatments started this week.