Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

walmart not selling flw products

Walmart is no longer selling flw products, Doe's any body know why. I really like their jigs and tubes. The tubes have a slot for the hook that i like,i havn't found on any other tubes. Any help would be appreciated

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Re: walmart not selling flw products

Rick,

Not sure why they wouldn't be selling them. What may have happened is that your local Wal Mart hasn't stocked up on the new lures yet. I know at the one closest to me, they are starting to get more out and they have really stocked up on turkey hunting supplies as well. I would ask the sporting goods manager at your local Walmart if/when they will be getting new tackle in.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been told all walmarts will no longer be selling flw products. I hope i am wrong

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how extensive it will be, but look for major changes in what they will carry in sporting goods. They have already stopped selling rifles and may narrow all sporting good items down. My wife works at WalMart and there is talk of removing some departments out totally. It is not the WalMart Sam Walton built. Shortly you will see WalMart grocery stores that are not part of a Supercenter. (Remember this is internal scuttle butt, but may be something to watch for.)

Post Thanks / Like

Just done a little research. WalMart is still listed as top sponser for FLW. So i would gamble that for this coming year they would still carry the FLW products.

Post Thanks / Like

I am going by Walmart today and I will ask the manager if they are still carrying FLW products.

BTW, All Walmarts did not quit carrying firearms, justr certain stores. The stores that did were not selling enough firearms to justify carrying them. I lnow the store by my house still carries them because I was checking out some shotguns last weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra190 View Post
    Not sure how extensive it will be, but look for major changes in what they will carry in sporting goods. They have already stopped selling rifles and may narrow all sporting good items down.
    If this is true, it's something outdoorsmen should be happy about. The local bait and tackle store may actually have a comeback.

It might mean we'll have to pay $2.99 instead of $2.59 for a bag of plastic worms, but I'm willing to do that if it will give me a place to hang out and swap lies.

Be interested to hear Matt Plapp's take on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: walmart not selling flw products

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    I am going by Walmart today and I will ask the manager if they are still carrying FLW products.

BTW, All Walmarts did not quit carrying firearms, justr certain stores. The stores that did were not selling enough firearms to justify carrying them. I lnow the store by my house still carries them because I was checking out some shotguns last weekend.
    The information I got is that they only have firearms in certain stores until stock onhand is depleted no additional firearms will be ordered. Thats from the sporting goods people at four different walmarts

Post Thanks / Like

That may be true, since you are getting your information from people in the know. I do know that the Wal Mart on Preston in Hillview just put a new Mossberg in their display within the last week, but that could have been in the back and they just got room for it.

When all of this first started I received a press release from someone that had quotes from Wal Mart big wigs stating that they were not discontinuing firearms sales at all stores, but just the ones where they didn't sell. Said it was a simple business decision and that the stores where firearms sell regularly would continue to stock them. I remember one of the quotes was something to the effect of "we won't stock them in markets that don't sell enough, just like we don't stock snowshovels in locations in Florida." Something like that.

Post Thanks / Like

The Walmart near me just put all their FLW soft plastics and jigs on clearance. I don't know if they are getting rid of last years inventory or getting rid of the whole brand.

Post Thanks / Like

That would be nice to bring back the old sport shop atmosphere. I belive it would make us all better fishermen and hunters. I miss the good ole days when you could hang out in a local shop and have that sportsmen thing you know no stupip music or blarring annoncements. Ah the memorys of days past.

Post Thanks / Like

Walmart's in Bowling Green, Franklin and Russellville, are all selling out of flw products. Don't know about other areas.
    Rick