Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Elnut Elnut come in Elnut.

Elnut give us an update on your recovery. Hope you are doing well and will be fishing and giving us reports soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Elnut Elnut come in Elnut.

Thanks for asking:

Staples removed 2 weeks ago, incision looking good, having some pain on my left side but the Doctor thinks that is due to my body getting used to the Permanent Titanium mesh that he stiched to my abdominal wall cavity. No sudden bending or twisting for fear of getting a pleat in the mesh. I do get this really cool card to carry with me in airports that states I have Titanium inside my body, I guess to eliminate the strip search when I fail the metal detector. Can't lift over 10 pounds for 3 months and nothing over 30 pounds for a year. This stinks in the fact that my 3 yr old is 35 lbs and my main tackle box is about 50 lbs. Guess I will be breaking down my main tackle box into about 3 different boxes to get it under the weight limit plus the spinnerbait box and plastics box (Good Gosh 5 tackle boxes, who needs this much tackle to NOT catch a fish). Can't cast for I tried the motion and it hurts way too much, certainly can't put the rod butt end into my stomache to fight the Big Girls so still down and out but on the improve. One things for sure, per the Doctor if I bust a hernia this time and break thru the Titanium Mesh it willl be bad news for Elnutsmalljaws for he says I will actually cut the bowel on the way thru and it will rupture. In his words, we don't want to even think about the options if this was to happen. I know where the hospital is at Barren River and Dale Hollow, guess I better find out where the hospital is at KY Lake just in case and get copies of my medical records sent to all 3 of them.

My wife says she is ok with me going fishing in a couple of months as long as I don't cast, set the hook, bend over to lip the fish out of the water, crank the boat on the trailer or climb my big behind into the boat. I told her to get used to not being "OK" with me going fishing for when I am cleared by the Doctor, I will be on the lake the very next day.

Hoping to be well enough by mid April to hit KY Lake with Chunknwind and his new ride for a couple of weeks. Might just get lucky and hit the flower bite at its peak for the Green fish are pretty easy pickings during this time. I have a few spots that produced some really good fish in 2005 but I did not get to hit last year, why? - I was recovering from my 3rd Hernia Surgery that I busted open at Barren River pre-fishing for a tourney last March.

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there. I've just landed myself into something that will put me in the penalty box until fall. I may have to even miss the Get-to-Gether.......

Maybe next season we can finally get in the same boat and Git-it-Done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redneckshadrap View Post
    Hang in there. I've just landed myself into something that will put me in the penalty box until fall. I may have to even miss the Get-to-Gether.......

Maybe next season we can finally get in the same boat and Git-it-Done.
    Is it to personal to elaborate, just concerned not trying to be nosey.

Post Thanks / Like

Message to Elnut
    A family member in her early 30s also had a hernia operation and Dr. advised no lifting of young child for at least 3 months. After 2 months she was feeling very good and knelt down and picked up youngest daughter, the next week she was back in having the surgery done again. The Dr told her that when he said 3 months, he did not mean 60 days. This time she listened and now she is doing O.K.