Search Fishin.com

Barry Guest

Question Insight recording 'digital'?

Any of you have Insight digital? Are you able to record channels that are "digital"? I was looking at getting Insight but it looks like The Outdoor channel and VS, is like ch 5??. My recorder has analog receiver. I'm not sure how their digital box works for recordings, any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Insight recording 'digital'?

When I ordered my cable I got the digital package with the HD and the outdoor package. The receiver they bring out is the digital box with a DVR on it. It is like a tivo, you can pause live tv and you can record on it. Its pretty cool, I record everything and watch it later and that way I don't have to watch any commercials any more unless i want to. Hope this helps you.

Barry Guest

Does the DVR just have a internal hard drive or can you burn DVD's? If not do you know if you can record off the DVR to another device (DVD burner) via RCA or SVideo? Thanks for you help...

Post Thanks / Like

That one is over my head man. The only thing I know how to burn is when I try to cook.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Does the DVR just have a internal hard drive or can you burn DVD's? If not do you know if you can record off the DVR to another device (DVD burner) via RCA or SVideo? Thanks for you help...
    All DVR's have internal hard drives. That's how you can watch the beginning of a program while it's still being recorded. Some are easier to transfer files off of than others. I'm not familiar with the one that Insight provides, but I would guess it's pretty low-end, and hard to get files off of. Some of them have Ethernet jacks on them (looks just like a phone jack, only bigger), so you can cable them right up to your pc and transfer files directly. If it doesn't have that, look for something labelled "line out." You should be able to record off that. SVideo carries video only, so you don't want to record just that.

If you want to record a lot of stuff, you might look into one of the new DVD recorders they have out now. The work basically like a VCR, but record directly to DVD. Hope this helps.

Jon Davis
    Network Systems Analyst