Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a canoe

I'm hoping to find a canoe. If anyone has one, or knows of one that is for sale, can ya let me know, please? I'd appreciate any leads y'all can send my way.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a canoe

Paddling.net is where I bought my first kayak. I checked and there aren't any for sale in KY, but here is the link to all canoe listings:

http://www.paddling.net/Classifieds/...noesell&state=

Post Thanks / Like

There's a place in Georgetown called Canoe Kentucky. My folks bought one there a few years back. They had new and used canoes. They ended up getting an old time canoe. I don't know much about canoes but it's pretty nice. Light, stable, and goes good in water.

Post Thanks / Like

I have already checked Canoe Kentucky, at least the one on the Elkhorn. They want $450 for theirs, which seems kinda steep to me.
    Thanks again for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

I finally bought one last year but I had a heck of a time finding one. I had actually been looking for several years not wanting to spend a bunch for something I might use a few times a year and it is difficult to find leads on used canoes in KY. The best I found was watching Craig's list and Ebay. There are a lot of canoes on Ebay but of course they are scattered all over the country and a canoe is not something you want to ship. But if you don't mind driving a hour or two to pick one up last spring/summer there were several interesting canoes within 100 miles of me and even few in and around town. One tip - on Ebay you can go into "advanced" search and specify how far away in miles to see the listings. You can even set it up as a "favorite search" and it will email you when a canoe is listed that fits your criteria.

I ended up finding my locally by the strangest twist of fortune ever. My wife was after me to check the Bargain mart so I went up to the corner store to buy one and the guy in the line behind me saw me buying a Bargain Mart and said " I have a red convertible for sale if you need a car". I proceeded to tell him that I wasn't looking for a car rather a canoe. He said he had one of those for sale too. So I followed him home and long story short I bought it from him. Picked up a 17' Old Town in good shape for $300. Turned around and went out on Ebay and found several of the exact same canoe that had sold from $400 to $550. One in a million. The water gods were smiling on me that day.

kc

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Looking for a canoe

Try walmart later on this spring. I bought mine there. Its all plastic 1/4" thick. Light weight and does very well. I think it cost about $250.00

Post Thanks / Like

Along the same lines, I was looking at an auction site called propertyroom.com, that has stuff that has been confiscated by the police. Last summer, I saw a listing for 2 aluminum canoes that were selling for $50 apiece. The problem was, they were all the way out in L.A., local pickup only. I passed along the tip on the NAFC bulletin board, but I don't think anyone followed up on it.