Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Help a dieiing 82 year old Veteran

I have a friend that is dieing from prostate cancer. The doctors figure he has somewhere from six month to a year to live. He is 82 years old and an Army veteran of three wars. He volunteered for the Army at age 18 soon after Pearl Harbor. He was an Infantryman and a Tanker and saw combat action in WWII, Korea and Viet Nam. He has 32 years of active service and another five years in the California National Guard. He has several awards but the one he is most proud of is the Combat Infantrymans Badge with two Stars.

He has outlived all of his family and most of his friends. He is very frail and for most of the time he just sits in his house near Flaherty, watches some TV (he only gets two channels); and spends most of his day watching the traffic go by in front of his house. Last year, his caregiver bought him a TV combo with a DVD and VHS tape player to give him something to break the monotony; however, he has already watched every tape and DVD we have been able to come up with. And, that is where you can help.

If you have any DVD or VHS movies, or other recorded programs, that you could give or loan to me for him to watch, it would be greatly appreciated. I cannot afford to pay for shipping both ways, but if you could send something to me AND WANT IT RETURNED, I will pay to ship it back to you after he watches it. He does not like "sports movies or mushy stuff (romances)" but almost anything else, especially war movies and mysteries, would give him something to do for a couple hours each day.

If you can help, please e-mail me at: Grumpy179@insightbb.com I'll send you my full name and and address, work out any details, and answer any questions you may have.

Thanks for your consideration..

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help a dieiing 82 year old Veteran

Grumpy I tell you what I have a bunch of DVD's at home. A lot of them are Sifi type. I will even bring them to work with me one day or at least a list of them and his is welcome to use any or all he wishes. I work in E-town and live in Sonora. I will see what I can do just let me know.