Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday at Big C :

It was a fun day on the BIG C yesterday.no big fish but we did get a few 1 smallie and 6 kys all on fnf--No fish came out on the main lake--Our fish came in the creeks got in one area on one short bank the kys were kicking our butts--You could see ur bobber move but not go under when you raised the rod you could feel them holding on that fly it was wild had a lot that pulled off my guess is they were sucking that dope off lol-----BUT wormin got two good ones 14 an 15 inch ones mine were shorter--But he kept to his promise on letting me have the biggest fish for the day--It was a smallie around15 inch maybe a little bigger lol---But that was not the big thing for the day,we was in back in a creek and felt a blast you could feel the boat move wow. so after we fished the creek we went to the dam which was a long way--When we got there they were working on removing a small mountain top right by the parking area were the ramp was--Now here they are blasting right next to a hole in the dam doesn,t sound to smart to us if you know what i mean---lol

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yesterday at Big C :

Quote Originally Posted by biggw View Post
    It was a fun day on the BIG C yesterday.no big fish but we did get a few 1 smallie and 6 kys all on fnf--No fish came out on the main lake--Our fish came in the creeks got in one area on one short bank the kys were kicking our butts--You could see ur bobber move but not go under when you raised the rod you could feel them holding on that fly it was wild had a lot that pulled off my guess is they were sucking that dope off lol-----BUT wormin got two good ones 14 an 15 inch ones mine were shorter--But he kept to his promise on letting me have the biggest fish for the day--It was a smallie around15 inch maybe a little bigger lol---But that was not the big thing for the day,we was in back in a creek and felt a blast you could feel the boat move wow. so after we fished the creek we went to the dam which was a long way--When we got there they were working on removing a small mountain top right by the parking area were the ramp was--Now here they are blasting right next to a hole in the dam doesn,t sound to smart to us if you know what i mean---lol
    How about a few hours in Paris in the AM...

Billy

Post Thanks / Like

Gw,
    Did the water level really surprise you? Was it as bad as it sounds?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redneckshadrap View Post
    How about a few hours in Paris in the AM...

Billy
    Im thinking on that Billy i do need some more red flys lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Gw,
    Did the water level really surprise you? Was it as bad as it sounds?
    No not really DJD i have been there many times in the past with the water that low--believe me man there is still plenty of water in that lake-when you get out on the main bodys of water its still a huge place you only notice it when you go way back in the creeks.It was funny yesterday we were back in lilly creek come up on this point that had a lot of big stumps on it--now its out of the water you would not believe how much broken off fishing line was there it was wild--For sure a hunny hole but not no more lol----you sould have been with us yesterday on them Kys it was amazing i have never had them things act like that- we knew it was the 42 degrees water had to be the reason for it--later man

Post Thanks / Like

I got to looking back in my fishing logs and in the winter of 81 the water was 5 lower than it is now. And last year it was only 6 higher than it is now. Still a lot of water out there. Found some interesting stuff out there if I can remember it all. We could have stayed were those Kys were and had 20 with out a problem. But went looking for bigger fish. In a nut shell we spent 70 percent of or time on the main lake and caught 100 percent of our fish in the creeks if anyone going tommarow. Told him that the cold water had given those Kys chapped lips so they were only after the fish dope.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Yesterday at Big C :

If only you guys would have had a Mad Cow fly Sounds like you had a good time.

Post Thanks / Like

One of us does.....LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redneckshadrap View Post
    One of us does.....LOL!

billy its not good so far for the am--i will checks things in the am: we will see