Search Fishin.com

Thread: Dale Hollow

Post Thanks / Like

Dale Hollow

With the water temps in the mid to upper 40's I'm thinking of going down next weekend or two weeks from today. With the forecast shhowing 65-75 in the next week, would next weekend be better or the week after and what should the water temp be.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dale Hollow

Too many factors enter in to trying to calculate the water temp ahead of time. IMO, about the best you can do is read this and other boards that post about people that have been recently and ask them.
    It's really hard to say, but I think 2 weeks will be better than 1 week away, but then you have the weather factor also, so sometimes it's just hit or miss, and take your chances and just go fishin.

Post Thanks / Like

I M here close to the lake and keep boat docked all off season here, one of us is on the dock about every day, so, if you want to save my name and email me I can give u a heads up on lake temps with-in a day or 2.
    From the back of sulpher creek which should be a little warmer than the main lake by a c ouple degree's.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys I really appreciate the feedback. The reason for my posting is that I have been coming down to Dale for about 10 years and I always come in May. This year I have to go in March and just trying to get an idea of what to expect. Usually in May the smallmouth bite has come and gone and we catch alot of Ky's and a few smallies. Do you think smallmouth bite will be better in March. The main reason for going in May is that they are usually are pulling the lake and it seems to be more stable and better weather, but it seems like a rainy day is better than a sunny one.

Post Thanks / Like

Rick,

Could you email that info to james.collie@louisvillemetrobassclub.com

Thanks

Skeeter

Post Thanks / Like

was on dale today state dock water temp 51, half way up where you turn to wisdom before fannys big color line, past the dock wisdom you can almost walk across it, back of wisdom clearing,

wall eye fishing today got skunked

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys and Rick. just found out today that I will probably be coming down next weekend. With the temps at 50 and with warm weather on the way should the smallmouth bite start turning on.