Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Who all went fishin today

OK I'm jealous, on the way home from work in lexington today I passed alot of boats heading towards Lexington on Hwy 27. So who all went and how did you do?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who all went fishin today

Based on BigGW's guarantee that I would catch a 5 pound bass, I went to Cedar Creek today. Put in about 8:30 am and fished til noon and got SKUNKED. I'll let GW off the hook this time (pun intended) because the wind was blowing so hard I could not have felt a bite if one had yanked the pole out of my hand. The water temp was 43 to 45 degrees and slightly stained. It was a good day to be out though and thankfully my big motor started on the second key turn, which is pretty good after it had set in the yard for over two months.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Who all went fishin today

Still better then a good day at work!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Who all went fishin today

Even though i don't feel good i went to walk the bank for an hour and man it felt great to get out. Had a hit on a jig but that's it. It's odd to think that just last month i was walking on 8" of ice on this lake! That hour of fresh air, without a jacket and watching the sun go down brought my spirits back up!! Good luck this weekend to all!

Post Thanks / Like

I was not on U.S. 27 but I went fishing. Such a beautiful spring day today, it was hard to leave the water and come home but there is always tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, etc..........

Post Thanks / Like

As soon as I get my boat back I'll be going. Just getting a few updates done and of course it has to get beautiful outside.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Based on BigGW's guarantee that I would catch a 5 pound bass, I went to Cedar Creek today. Put in about 8:30 am and fished til noon and got SKUNKED. I'll let GW off the hook this time (pun intended) because the wind was blowing so hard I could not have felt a bite if one had yanked the pole out of my hand. The water temp was 43 to 45 degrees and slightly stained. It was a good day to be out though and thankfully my big motor started on the second key turn, which is pretty good after it had set in the yard for over two months.

Where was you around 11:00 am we were fishing mid lake watching for you-But no Grumpy--YES it was tough there today-WE let me say that one more time WEEEEEEEE got skunked by cedar today--looks like its time to sell all fishing gear-lol sorry we missed you maybe next time--

Post Thanks / Like

I went today with my two sons, whom were out of school today. The water was like chocolate milk, 45.3 to 46.9 degree's. wind blowing about 15 to 20 mph... absolutely not even a sniff from a fish. We were crappie fishin and no luck with minnows....

Thing is I was handicapped, my trolling motor is froze up and i got to take it back to the dealer to get it fixed...Thank goodness it's still under it's original 3 year warranty.... But still a pain in the butt to have to mess with....

Talked to one other boater on the water @ Taylorsville lake, they had two bluegill abd one 10" crappie....

Post Thanks / Like

I was at Cedar today...first time in a long time...We fished 5 hours had 6 bites and boated 4 with biggest 3+. Not sure what was up with 'em today, was whacking them good last year (all winter) with water temps from 42-48 and fishing stained to muddy water. Fish 2-3 feet deep, flippin' the big nasty jig. TOUGH day to say the least.
    See ya'll on the water.
    Tim
    bassmaster

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Green River Lake today. I threw everything but fluorescent dynamite at 'em. Never boated a fish............. :-( .. Water temps at Lone Valley were 44*-48* and I found warmer water in the back of a cut, 3/4 of the way between Lone Valley and Holmes Bend, that was 53*!!! No takers though. A tough day to say the least. Oh well.........maybe next time. I talked to two other gentlemen who had the same results. Noda!!! Anyone else make it down there today? Results?

Post Thanks / Like

Me and buddy hit one of the ponds over there at Peabody, I got skunked. He boated 4 small ones on a rapala jerk bait, spinner bait, and a tube. Me I threw everything with nothing to show but a stick bass or two. However, it was a great day to just be out.

Blessed Fishin,
    jeremy

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the Ohio today, got 5 small cats 2 sauger and a drum all slip bob 6ft in colgate creek....minnows...gettin better all the time!!!