Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

AOL posting problems?

Below is a some info regding aol and posting problems. I know nothing about as I have never considered using aol and never will.

----------------------------

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=#000000] not sure how to check to see if cookies is enabled. when I do a spyware scan though it always lists a bunch of cookies files so it must be enabled. seems like a firewall would prevent me from posting a reply also. i can post a reply. i have aol security software.

---------------------------------------------------

Ideas from apb

No problems. Posted in the Test post forum. I have AOL, but use Internet Explorer for surfing the web.

If so, ask him if he is using AOL as his browser (his email is @aol). If so, he might check into the safty features. They turn off a number of things in the AOL browser, some that interfer with discussion boards. Alternatively, he could use IE, Netscape, or Firefox to surf the web.

[/COLOR]
    [/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

AOL security was the problem

Started using Internet Explorer. No problem posting new threads or replys. Must be a problem with AOL security software when I try to post from AOL. Will use IE from now on when I want to post. I appreciate all of your help and thank Andrew for me. I know Andrew real well and have fished with him several times.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AOL security was the problem

AOL has a mind of it's own. Are you using IE 6 or IE7? I just updated to IE7 in the last month and am still trying to learn how to use the tabs and other new features.

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Started using Internet Explorer. No problem posting new threads or replys. Must be a problem with AOL security software when I try to post from AOL. Will use IE from now on when I want to post. I appreciate all of your help and thank Andrew for me. I know Andrew real well and have fished with him several times.

Dan