Search Fishin.com

Thread: Taylorsville

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Taylorsville

I fished Taylorsville lake yesterday and had some guy come out of Briars Creek up on plain. I was coming up to the area from the direction of the main lake. As I entered into the area, this guy kept coming toward me and I kept moving to the right. Now I got a point sticking out not 50 yards from me on my right. This guy is still coming towards me and then , all of a sudden I decide to make a sharp left turn to avoid what surely would have been a head on in another 50 yards or so. The guy goes between me and the point on the right side, not even 25 yards between me and the point, he's not even 20 feet from my boat and were both on plain.... As we pass each other the guy looks at me like I'm some crazy driver and I stick up my arm as to ask what he was doing..... I tell ya it's lucky he didn't hit an under water stump or something cause I know he was very shallow as he passed me with the point now on his left side.....

I been Fishing/ owning a boat and driving now going on 28 years and this makes 3 times in the past 2 years that something like this ha happened to me while out on the water...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Taylorsville

I hear ya.. that's why i live 5 minutes from Taylorsville Lake and choose to drive 2 hrs to Barren. Not to say that Barren doesn't have it's share of idiots, but some people think that just because there's water there, that you can put a boat through it. That guy will probably learn the hard way with a huge repair bill when he embeds his lower unit into a stump...

The big quesion is.. if he would have hit something, would you have towed him back to the dock?? LOL

Idiot drivers (one the water) and people that load their gear/untie their boats on the ramp are two of my pet peeves.. hehe

Post Thanks / Like

Last summer was trying to set up for night fishing under lanterns and someone raced past my boat and about swamped me and broke one my lanterns and messed up the other one. Lot of inconsiderate boaters at Taylorsville. You have to have a strategy to avoid those careless boaters.

Post Thanks / Like

My question is did you guys catch anything in that mudhole...lol

rather be fishin than typin