Fishing Tip of the Month, March on Lake Guntersville

When March rolls around Guntersville can offer some great days, the sun is warming the water, the fish are moving up for the Pre Spawn and Guntersville is producing 25 plus pound stringers.
The question is; how can you get your big bag of those Lake Guntersville Bass, well the answer is fairly complex but I will do the best I can with it. The first thing you must look for is to find the milfoil; even though the grass is gone on most of the lake the small patches of milfoil will generally hold the fish. The next thing I can tell you; is to fish shallow, most bites will now be in less than five feet of water.
There are a variety of baits to choose from this time of year, work reaction baits like traps, spinner-baits and shallow running crank baits. Try a variety of soft plastic baits like senko’s, big worms and lizards. As the month goes on and the water temperature continues to warm the water start finding the back of creeks to find the bass.
The biggest tip I can give you is to work many different patterns until you find one that is working and stick with it. Fishing in March is a time of year that can change very quickly with a high-pressure day, a cold night or just a solid rain. Point being; you have to adapt quickly on the water to the vast changes that March offers you. Don’t let the wind be your enemy this time of year instead make it your friend by using the wind to find bait fish, and find the bass.
I hope March is good to you it always is a great month on Lake Guntersville, come fish with me and let me show you how to find active bass in these constant changing March patterns.

Fish Lake Guntersville Guide Service
www.fishlakeguntersvilleguideservice.com
Email: bassguide@comcast.net
256 759 2270
Captain Mike Gerry