Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

NEW! Scam for Fishing Guides to watch for

I am playing the guy below.. He is trying to scam me out of $4800.00
    How do I know this.. well take a look at the language. This person is NOT from England. He is either an Arab or an African or both trying to act like his mother tongue is Englis. Worse is that the personal (I) is spelled with the small i in his first mail.
    I will when he calls proceed to get the credit card info and then submit it to the credit card company.
    Jim Dicken

Hello Jim,
    Thanks for your reply and assistance so far your offers are well accepted.I am glad to tell you that we will like to conclude our payment.
    Kindly see below the names of the guest that will be coming to your property.

Mr Jerry Morgan........(45yrs/Male)Personal Assistance
    Mrs Rebecca Livingstone....(39yrs/Female)Member
    Mrs Vivian Brownnox........(36yrs/Female)Editor

Since your standard rate is $1000 per person for the days which includes your rooms, breakfast, lunch, guided hiking, local van transportation.

Moreover, we also made an arrangement with a pre-paid transportation firm who will take care of all our transportation/Flight logistics during our stay,but the transportation/Flight Consultant has no facility to charge my credit card. So once you are in receipt of it, you are required to charge the total cost of the your rooms, and addition of $4800 for the transportation agent and get it across to my transportation agent in canada by bank check/wire transfer

i hope you have the facility to charge my credit card immedately
    So confirm this and provide me with your
    1. YOUR FULL NAME
    2. ADDRESS
    3. PHONE NUMBERS for office records.
    Please remember that the integrity of our agency is involved, so this business requires prompt response. I also hope our stay will be made comfortable.
    I await your email and you can as well give me a call.
    Your prompt response will be appreciated

Kind Regards,
    Jerry Morgan
    TeL:+447024035011

JimD072@aol.com wrote:
    In a message dated 3/13/2007 8:28:09 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, morgan4jerry@yahoo.com writes:
    I am Mr Jerry Morgan from London United Kingdom.I got to find your Hunting and Charter very lovely and also myself and my group of friends will love to Lodge at your Inn during the course of our stay in and also enjoying the hunting trips.
    Kindly confirm if you have three rooms Available from 22nd to 27th March 2007 so that i can immediately with my credit card to secure the rooms and also make the reservation for the hunting and hunting equipments there at that time Because i do believe that you also have Inns and rooms which we can Lodge in.

Please get back to me if there is vacancy so that i will pay
    immedaitely with my credit cards for the days to be blocked.
    I await your email.
    Your prompt response will be appreciated.
    Dates are available.
    Please send credit card info as follows
    Type of Card
    Card #
    Name on Card
    Expiration Date
    3 digit Security Code on back of card
    Cost to reserve the rooms is $300.00 for the dates requested.
    Jim Dicken

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW! Scam for Fishing Guides to watch for

I heard about this from another guide as well. Steve Chaconas, a guide out in Washington D.C. and a writer for Boat U.S. sent out an email to his customers about a scam almost exactly like this. Hopefully someone can do something about this.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW! Scam for Fishing Guides to watch for

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison559 View Post
    I heard about this from another guide as well. Steve Chaconas, a guide out in Washington D.C. and a writer for Boat U.S. sent out an email to his customers about a scam almost exactly like this. Hopefully someone can do something about this.
    I talked to the FBI and the money all goes to China. They have no way of getting to them outside the US where there are no treaties.
    I even spent around $100.00 calling Canada to try to catch a guy and turned out he was only using a disposable phone.. and the money was picked up in China.. so no way to get to these guys..
    Jim