Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

*** Allstar Rods ***

Does Anyone Have Any Information On Getting Some Repairs On Allstar Rods? Are They Covered Under Warranty, Or Does Anyone Repair For A Reasonable Price....... The Damage I Have To Repair Is Some Eyes Have Been Broken Off.......thanks For Any Info.....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: *** Allstar Rods ***

I'm not sure about the warranty on allstar rods but I know of a fella that does super repairs. His name is Tim Tipton. He does rod and reel repair and custom rod building. He is actually one of our club sponsors. He offered about a half dozen repaired rods at the end of our season last year as prizes and the quality was A-1. Not sure what he charges but I'm sure it's reasonable. definately worth looking into. His number is 502-553-1101. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Allstar rods are out of business or were sold, can't remember which. It actualy may have been both, bought after bankruptcy. Either way, they do not honor any warranty's on rods that were bought, period. No grandfathering in, just stuck with it. If you live in Indiana shoot me an e-mail and I will put you in touch with a guy who does encredible work. Or you can always replace them yourself. It is a simple fix.

Ray Rigby
    krigby6644@sbcglobal.net

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a repair kit from BPS, and it works like magic...Buy the new eyes and pick up one of those sewing kits that have a lot of different colors in it.

Cut the old epoxy off the and around the broken Rod Eye and remove eye. Clean up the surface area and place ne Rod Eye on rod in old Position.

Now take the thread holder and start applying the thread and cover as much as you want. After you have the thread applied, apply some epoxy to the thread area and let dry. I usually apply about 5 coats of epoxy to my repairs. Works like a charm.

By the way if you go back thru the old Posts there was a new member on here that done Rod Repairs for a reasonable price.... Sorry the member was located on the actual Fishin.com Kentucky Discussion Board.....

Also in an issue of Bassmaster, about 5 or 6 issues ago, one of the articles in it was how to make your own Rod Repair Stand using a mouse trap to hole the thread. I have the page saved in my Fishing book. So if you want it emailed to you I can scan the articlae and send it to you. Then you can repair your own rods....

Thanks Clyde

Barry Guest

I just returned a rod for a buddy about 4 months ago, he got a new replacement rod. I think it was like $15.00 to All Star and about $16.00 to ship. He still had his 'lifetime' warranty card.

Post Thanks / Like

call Tim Tipton on his cell at 502-553-1101 tell him Eddie (Fishing4Kids sent you) he is good and cheap.