Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: Worst bait ever..................

I have wacked em on the chatter bait. Actually pretty good lure. Ill tell you a piece of crap! THE LUCKY CRAFT jointed jerk bait. It has 2 small cables running through the jointed part of the bait. A $20 bait will last you 2 decent size fish! EXPENSIVE (It works but doesnt hold up)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Worst bait ever..................

Well I was going to say the Flying lure, but ETEC beat me to it. I did see it catch a fish though, but only one as I recall.
    Stoner

Post Thanks / Like

Anything that has the name "Lucky Craft" attached to it. I have about 8 different versions and have caught exactly 1 - 12" Kentucky Bass on a jerkbait in Sugar Bay at Ky Lake early last year. Cast after Cast after cast with cranks, lipless, and jerkbaits for just one fish. I will take 2-3 Rapala's or 6 Renegades to every 1 Lucky Craft for the same money. It could be, and most likely is, that I don't have a clue as to what I am doing but for now I will blame it on the bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Does anyone remember the worms with the velco patch near the head? The idea was the rough part of the bass' mouth would stick to it which would help with a better hook set - can't say I ever caught much on those!
    I too had some of these. I caught a few with it, but not something I ever considered buying more of. I may be wrong, but weren't these called a sticky worm, and possibly put out by Culprit?

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen or used most of the worst baits ever, The absolute worst baits are, any, and I mean any bait, that good ol Bill Dance puts his name on. If it says Dancin anything ....... RUN AWAY!!!!!!! Cause the fish sure do. If one is dumb enough to hit one , The bait will come apart before you can land it. I had this happen with the Dancin craw. The hook pulled right out.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes they were the Sticky Worm by Culprit
    Would you believe I still have some in a box! lol
    They did catch a few but, it never caught on.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember what is was called, and I never saw one in person, but a couple of years ago I saw an ad for a lure that was supposed to be a dragonfly suspended over the water. I think that has to be number 1, followed closely by the Helicopter Lure

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Worst bait ever..................

Just for the record I have some SLIGHTLY used helocopter lures for sale, $10.00 each. I know its a little steep but I just hate to part with them, I keep them in my boat AT ALL TIMES, don't believe me? Stop me on the water sometime, I keep one in my pocket, they're my good luck charm.

Post Thanks / Like

What about those Chatterbait "kits?" I just got back from BPS, and if I remember right, those were on sale.

Post Thanks / Like

Hawain wiggler ,hula popper,heddon river runt spook sinker I cannot decide?

Post Thanks / Like

I've used the chatterbait often. I love them. Last year a guy asked me to buy him several, and I did, about $60 worth. For some reason we could never work out a delivery, I even offered to mail them. Well he's got his money, and I've got the lures, and I'm not upset. I love them.

Unlike others though, I don't really jig them in deep water. I use them more like a spinnerbait or shallow crankbait. They are great to throw over the top of weeds.

Good luck with yours. I have actually bought one of the knockoffs too. I can't remember which of the "big name" bait companies that made this knockoff, but it is a bluegill pattern, which was not available in the chatterbait. I can't wait to give the new pattern a try.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

dmase,

I have to disagree, just a little. I love the Bill Dance Fat Free Shads. I've caught several over 6lbs on them. Now his soft plastics... that may be another thing as I've never tried them.

Danny