Search Fishin.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Worst bait ever..................

Anyone ever seen the chuck Woolery (tv show host) moto lure. This thing is crazy. It's a topwater lure that has a motor inside. There is a string that pulls out when you pop it which turns a motor, when the string pulls back inside the tail dances around and makes noise. I had a friend whose mom bought one for him on tv and he used to fish with it. Man we gave him a hard time.

Post Thanks / Like

The moto-lure,,,,my wife bought me a couple of the differant types of them and to my dismay, one day at Rough when the hybrids were in the jumps, my daughter started throwing one of them and absolutley tore em up. Wasnt long before I tied one on. The guys fishing around us in other boats were askin what we were throwing and couldnt believe it when we told them.

Post Thanks / Like

In todays bait wars, many things come and go. Although a lure may promise exceptional results and vicious blow-ups in their demonstration videos, most are relatively stupid. The flying lure's concept is not. In the new bassmaster, there is an article on reversing the texas rig. Ike talks about using a power noddle with a nail in the bottom of it instead of a conventional bullet weight. This does catch fish. I rig centipedes, trick worms and even craws like this. This is a exceptional presentation when fishing heavy cover in lakes that get pounded by tons of fisherman. It gives the fish a diffrent look and mimicks the REAL action of a backwards swimming crawfish. I have also caught fish on the banjo minnow, (a long time ago) before the fluke became so popular. All in all, the lures may be stupid but there is usually a idea that comes along with it that will catch fish!

Tight lines,
    Jonas Ertel

Post Thanks / Like

Dizzle and others

If you can get your hands on a new copy of the FLW Outdoors magazine, they have a very good article about Chatterbaits. They show a bunch of different brands and tell you the history. Just look for the article about cranking jigs. Good Luck!