Search Fishin.com

Thread: Cool Fish Story

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Fish Story

Guys I fished a small lake near my house on Wed and absolutely whacked em. Probably caught 75 with a couple around 4 lb, couple 3's and lots of 1.5 lb fish. The coolest thing was I saw a big bass cruising shallow. He looked like something was wrong and could be on the verge of dying so I pulled a crankbait by him but he didn't pay attention. He faded down deep and I didn't see him for a few minutes. Next time I saw him, he was cruising shallow near the boat. I figure 'd my crankbait and he came to investigate. I noticed his mouth was open so I reeled the crankbait up to the end of the rod and reached down and stuck the bait in his mouth and set the hook. He didn't fight much and I reached to thumb him and saw a fish tail hanging out of his mouth. He had a big bluegill wedged in his mouth and couldn't get it in or out. The top fin and bottom fins on the bluegill had embedded in the mouth of the fish. I've got a picture on my phone and if someone can tell me where to send it I post it. I had never seen anything like this. It was the big fish + bluegill of the day. All fish came on a shallow running crawfish bandit in the morning, a black and blue bitsey bug in the afternoon. Fish on the crankbait hit when I stopped it. Even though it was on small water, I had a ball. Just thought I would share with everyone and see if anyone had anything similar happen.

Gobbler

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cool Fish Story

Thats GREAT fishin, no matter how big the lake is. Sounds like you had a ball !!

Post Thanks / Like

Great story, did you get the bluegill out or let the bass go with the gill still stuck in it's mouth....Glad you whacked'em....

Post Thanks / Like

I assume you saved the ole girl by removing that pesky gill. Cool deal, I'm glad you got into'em, don't it feel so good.

Post Thanks / Like

please tell me you got the bluegill out???????

Post Thanks / Like

When I had my old boat, while fishing at Malone, I found a bass floating on its back. I pulled up and saw the gills were still working but the fish appeared to be dying. I picked the fish up and there was a crappie stuck in its mouth sideways.. the Crappie was still alive too. I couldn't save the crappie, but I did save the bass. I had to cut the Crappie out, then spent about 20 minutes reviving the bass, untill it was strong enough to swim off on its own.

Despite this, I can't catch fish in that hole!!!!! LMAO. Well, I have but my boat now has too big a motor on it.

Amazing to find a fish this way. I had heard of if before, but that was the only time I had, or have seen this.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

I got the bluegill out and tried to revive the fish. I think she is going to make it. I turned her out once and she didn't look too good. I put her in the livewell with that blue stuff in it, thinking I was going to have to put the knife to her but I checked her again before I left and she took off. The bluegill didn't fair so well.