Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just Got Back From Dale Hollow

Come back a day early from Dale because of the high winds. They 20-30mph and forecastetd 10-20 tonight and tomorrow so we decided to come back a day early and go back in April. Fished thursday and this morning. Fished around wolf river and wisdom dock. The water temp was 53-60 depending on where we were. After about 10 minutes of fishing I caught a big Ky on a white and chartruse spinner bait, right of a blowdown, only fish an a spinner bait. Caught about 4 smallies in the slot and one 21and a half. Caught a real nice largemouth and 3 more Kys all on a red crankbait with a little bit of green -bandit 400 series. They all were on clay banks that had GRASS out from it. They were all in about 10-20 feet of water. Water is still a little stained around wolf river marina, perfect conditions thusrday. Looked like they were moving up. With weather getting better next week it should really get good and I mean good. The front really shut them down today, got a couple Kys this morning, dinks. I hope this helps.

Cookeville, Tennessee, God Bless America.
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just Got Back From Dale Hollow

thanks for the report........ now the cold front has moved on it oughtg to just get better each day.............tight lines...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by livewell View Post
    Come back a day early from Dale because of the high winds. They 20-30mph and forecastetd 10-20 tonight and tomorrow so we decided to come back a day early and go back in April. Fished thursday and this morning. Fished around wolf river and wisdom dock. The water temp was 53-60 depending on where we were. After about 10 minutes of fishing I caught a big Ky on a white and chartruse spinner bait, right of a blowdown, only fish an a spinner bait. Caught about 4 smallies in the slot and one 21and a half. Caught a real nice largemouth and 3 more Kys all on a red crankbait with a little bit of green -bandit 400 series. They all were on clay banks that had GRASS out from it. They were all in about 10-20 feet of water. Water is still a little stained around wolf river marina, perfect conditions thusrday. Looked like they were moving up. With weather getting better next week it should really get good and I mean good. The front really shut them down today, got a couple Kys this morning, dinks. I hope this helps.

Excellent post thanks. it's fixin to get real good.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention we fished jigs plastic worms and flukes with no luck. Fished deep rock ledges and points, not even a smell. Only advice I could give is find the GRASS. I am not a big crank bait person but I am a believer now. Especially a red one. I always go in May but this year I learned something different. From now on when the water gets in the 50's in March WITHOUT a cold front going through I will be there because the smallies are up and biting. We realized in that in May the smallies have gone back deep and hard to find. If anyone can get down there in the next couple weeks, go because it should be great.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good, thanks for the report. I will be down a week from monday and it looks like the weather is going to be stable, should be fun.