Search Fishin.com

Thread: watts barr

Post Thanks / Like

watts barr

I am thinking about going from central ohio to watts barr lake at the end of march. I haven't been there for 20 years. We always caught alot of bass during this time. Where can I stay and is it sill a good lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: watts barr

Just watch out for the gators...

http://www.newschannel9.com/onset?id...e=article.html

Post Thanks / Like

Re: watts barr

I was hoping I could get some kind of help. Where to stay in the dam area. What is a good place to get actual fishing reports in this area?

Post Thanks / Like

I am from Ohio as well. I usually stay in at the Days Inn in Oakridge Tn. It is about a 20 minute drive to the Kingston area which is the upper end of Watts Bar Lake. It also puts you very close to the Clinch River and a 20 minute drive to Fort Loudoun, Telico, and Melton Hill Lakes. If you want to be loser to Fort Loudoun, Telico, and Melton Hill Lakes, I would stay at the Econo Lodge in Lenoir City, TN. We may be there that same weekend. Howard is the owner of the hotel and he is very accomodating and fair priced. He does have power outlets outside for charging. I realize that his is not exactly the area you were looking for information about, but it may help. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you very very much. If you need help in central or southern ohio let me know

arley

Post Thanks / Like

No problem. I know it is not exactly where you want to be, but it may help. Where are you in OH? I am out of Cincinnati. Have you found any good Bass lakes within 2 hours of Cincinnati? The only one I know of is Cave Run Lake in KY. Other than that I fish Lake Lorelei in Fayetteville, OH a lot, but it is a private lake. My parents own a home there. We are going to the Nashville area this weekend to Bass fish on Old Hickory lake. The weather is supposed to be 83 degrees both days! I'm looking forward to a little warmth. I hope it goes well. Good luck to you!

Post Thanks / Like

We always stayed in Spring City while fishing Watts Bar.. You can head up to the dam by boat from there.. We always stated at Piney Point in a fisherman's cabin..

P.S. When bass fishing Ky, you want to look into Kincaid Lake.. Little closer to you..

Post Thanks / Like

Paint creek lake in greenfield is a good lake. Close lakes to me are Alum Creek and Delaware. Alum is a big fish lake. Thanks again