Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Lookin to buy GPS, need opinions...

I'm in the market to buy a handheld GPS like the Lowrance H2O, have any of you guys/gals had any experience with them??? IF so can you give me your take on them like how well they worked, the detail and weither or not you buy another one or recomend them to someone else.

Thanks for the help..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lookin to buy GPS, need opinions...

I bought a Magellan 200 Handheld GPS, it was black & White and worked great for what I wanted it for. I wanted it for night time navigation, the back light lit up real nice and it showed my exact route back to my camp site from where I had been fishing before it got dark.... For the money they are a real bargain...I went to BPS today and they had them on sale for $ 99.00, Big drop from when I bought mine...I gave $ 169.00 for mine 1 year ago...Plus a Magellan Mount and carrying case to protect it.

Just my 2 cents on the subject....

Barry Guest

I love mine, got a Lowrance 100 its about 8 years old and still use it alot. The newer models are even better. I think the H2O has lake map chips that you can install in to them. I would pay the little extra and get the color it makes it easier to run the channels. The only 'bad' part is the screen is hard
    to see while running. If your like me you start out with the handheld and end up getting a "big screen" model for the boat and use the handheld for the truck and hunting...

Post Thanks / Like

I have the H2o and really like it. The color screen adjusts to different light conditions and makes the screen much easier to read while running. I bought the fishing hot spots maps and have not been disapointed. If you fish at night or get caught in fog one time, it will be the best money you ever spent.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the H2O color with the hot spots map card and I love it. Its very simple to operate without having to go through a bunch of buttons,etc.

It's adjustable to your liking as far as the brightness, contrast and screen settings and also have a night feature on it.

The unit will accept either the hot spots chip or the navionics chip, howeverthe Navionics runs very slow. Too slow to suit me MPO.

Go to BPS and look at one and have them put one of each chips in the unit and try for yourself. That's how I made up my mind. Think you will enjoy ease of operation and amount of detail from hot spots chip. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Get Trailer Boats Mag April Edition

I just received my Trailer Boats Magazine April Issue and there is a huge article comparing 7 different handheld GPS's. It's from pages 54-62 and has a ton of info.

Matt Plapp