Search Fishin.com

Cookeville, Tennessee, God Bless America.
    Post Thanks / Like

Center Hill - 18 March

Fished CH Sunday, 7am-3pm, mid-lake to lower end; air temp started out low 30s (had ice in the eyelets) and reached mid-50s by noon. Water temp started at 47.3 and rose to 51.2. Caught two spots on plastic and and one brown on a crankbait along secondary points. Caught these three fish by 8am and thought we were goin' to do more catchin' than fishin' --WRONG ...... the fish turned off when the sun came up over the ridgeline under that complete bluebird sky ...water clarity was super; having been on the upper end last week where the H2O has begun to turnover and shows signs of that brown rusty color on top, we could actually see 6-8 feet below us..... Most corps ramps with docks were barely afloat --- water will rise soon hopefully... I anticipate in another week with this upcoming warm spell that things will settle down and we'll be well on our way for Spring fishing........The Tennessee Bass Championship will be held outta' Rangland Bottoms on Saturday, 31 March --- expect that the Edd Rogers tourny regulars will be out in force and will fare well...... CH can be feast or famine so if you put one in the boat and don't get skunked, consider that trip a good one.... if you do get skunked, it beats the heck outta' being at work for darn sure. tight lines..........

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Center Hill - 18 March

Dover: Thanks for the post and report. I was wondering sunday night if you made it out and did any good. At least your trip wasn't a skunk or a washout. That falling river area should be clearing up in about a week or so and that "tea" color water should be history. When I was down there last wednesday I ran past johnsons chapel and that looked like a pretty good ramp to put in on. Not to steep and looked like it was deep enough to launch without a problem...never been on that one. With the water level low right now the ramp at ckv. dock drops off pretty quick in under that little hump or hill. Do you know if there is a fee to launch at Johnsons chapel and how much??? I figured it was like at floating mll,Raglands, and at the park on the lower end, around 4 bucks. Thanks again for posting your trip...283

Cookeville, Tennessee, God Bless America.
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Center Hill - 18 March

283 -- I never did Johnson's Chapel but it doesn't look like a Corps ramp and could be no charge just like the one around the corner from the dam..... The ramps at at Egar Evins State park have been completely free since last summer when Gov B made all state parks free (it use to be only free on Wednesdays but now all the time)...... Floating Mill, Raglands, Hurricane Bridge are Corps ramps and there is a fee/day use unless you have that $30 annual Corps pass you place on the vehicle mirror (tag not sticker).... Perhaps we can link up and wet a line sometime...... tight lines.....

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Center Hill - 18 March

Quote Originally Posted by Dover View Post
    283 -- I never did Johnson's Chapel but it doesn't look like a Corps ramp and could be no charge just like the one around the corner from the dam..... The ramps at at Egar Evins State park have been completely free since last summer when Gov B made all state parks free (it use to be only free on Wednesdays but now all the time)...... Floating Mill, Raglands, Hurricane Bridge are Corps ramps and there is a fee/day use unless you have that $30 annual Corps pass you place on the vehicle mirror (tag not sticker).... Perhaps we can link up and wet a line sometime...... tight lines.....
    Sounds good to me, I would like that, holler at me anytime and we will definitely try to hook up and go. My e-mail is rdyer@twlakes.net...Be talking to you...283