Search Fishin.com

Thread: Hey Dover

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Hey Dover

I was checking for the results and hoping to see the pics of the sparta bass clubs tourney on Tims Ford last week and noticed YOU were there with them as a guest. Looks like you did make a good showing by the end results, compared to some of their regular members. I have always wanted to fish that body of water, but have never made it over there. I have read on another fishing forum (Tennessee bass guides) where they fished there pretty regular back in the winter and usually did good with the smallies. Just wondering who you partnered out with ...Tight lines...283
    Last edited by Tnstratos283; 03-27-2007 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Misspelled words / did not preview or do spell check on original post

Cookeville, Tennessee, God Bless America.
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hey Dover

283 --- I fished with Rob Morris who has been asking me to go for months and my schedule (honey do's) allowed me a free Saturday --- Rob chose a couple of good banks that we caught 'em on.... tough bite and only 1 or 2 smallies were caught by anyone.... Those are one group of super guys and I enjoyed the camaraderieship... as far as the finish, I got lucky considering the company in that club --- some of those guys can catch 5 on a bare hook :-) ....... I would like to join the club and will probably do so when it starts over in January 08, and hopefully will be able to fish with 'em every month if work and family events do not conflict..... Perhaps one day you and I can wet a line on CH and try to put a few in the net..... tight lines.......

Post Thanks / Like

Dover: Thanks for the reply. I don't know the guy you fished with. I have a nephew who has a brother-in-law that has fished with them guys for several years and he really likes it with them. My nephew has fished with him a few times on the hill, cordell hull, and the caney as a guest over the last couple of years and he liked it. He sent word through him to me and ask if I wanted to join and start up with them this year, but their schedule and some other tourneys that I want to fish this year and family events conflicted with each other and just wouldn't have worked out. I wish they had a buddy system instead of the draw tourney pairings, I would probably look at joining alot harder. I fish mainly with my son-in-law or nephew about all the time and it works out good. You get use to fishing with someone all the time and you know their moves and learn to work at it together to make it fun and productive, especially if in a tourney. I still want to go sometime with you tho and see if we can put a few over the rail. Tight lines and be safe...283

Cookeville, Tennessee, God Bless America.
    Post Thanks / Like

283 -- I wondered that same thing about the team thing versus the draw and was told that if it was a team thing, you'd probably have the same 4 or 5 team winners each month since some of those boys who would team up would be hard to beat...eventually many would get tired of making those same 4 or 5's boat payment, truck payment and even child support payments and slowly the club would not even exist...makes since and like you, I also enjoy fishing with a few of the same guys and also understand how it could possibly not be good for a friendly club environment like the Sparta club...... tight lines and don't forget to make a post how you do this weekend and I'll do the same....tight lines......