Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Moomaw 3-31

Fished lake moomaw for a few hours Saturday. Rain sent us home early, only because the fish weren't very active. Don't mind being cold and wet if the fish are biting but that wasn't the case for us Sat. Caught two LM one on the lower end and one on the upper end in three hours. Surface temp on the upper end was 52, lower end was 54. Fish were tight to cover and not very aggressive. Water was extremely stained from recent runoffs. It was clearer down lake but still not super clear as it normally is. There were tons of boats on the water, talked to a few people where we put in and they weren't doing much. Caught both bass on 3" grubs, one white and one pumpkinseed. Still need a few degrees to get them turned on good.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Moomaw 3-31

Thanks for the moomaw report, hope to hear more since i can't get up there much. I will report when i go.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Moomaw 3-31

Quote Originally Posted by vtfan15 View Post
    Thanks for the moomaw report, hope to hear more since i can't get up there much. I will report when i go.
    I've heard the water is still very stained and cold but some folks are catching some nice smallies near the bluffs on the south side. Don't know on what, and the bite is slow, 4-5 bites a day is about it.

...BillH